Tying calendar, time with loop timers for electric savings (both App and Home Assistant module)

Many energy suppliers are adding tariff changes depending on the season. Would like to use calendar dates (start date/end date to take actions. Those action would also be tied to time of day (period of device being turned off or delay in the loop timer being used). This would be for all electric devices, others (thermostats for temperature adjustment depending on season), etc

1 Like

I think it’s a good feature for ‘energy dashboard’, will also place this topic to ❤ Energy Dashboard in Pliot Features Now Available with App V4.24 and later! Need More Feedback From YOU! - #60 by schalkpieterse76 for further discussion.

1 Like

Agree
I use loop timer for adjusting heat power.
But it should be active only certain hours.
Loop timer can’t define that.

My temporary solution is to set another device BEFORE the looping device. In that way I can control the time (cheap electricity during night) the heating device is working.

Better would be a softwired solution.

Timers in ewelink are hopeless. For example. I have a house in a remote area which I rarely visit and I would like the lighting inside and outside the house to suggest my presence at night, how to do it on their “timers”, it’s a real pain, I can type a scene lasting 5 hours with several dozen conditions, and what if in During this time, the device will be triggered by another trigger, or will it temporarily lose connection with the cloud? Nobody knows… For now, I used webhook by setting the local router in crontab:
27.58 22-05 * * * curl -X GET https://eu-apia.coolkit.cc/v2/smartscene2/webhooks/execute?id=xxx>/dev/null 2>&1
This triggers the auto scene:
switch “x” on"
sleep 1m
toggle “x” off
at minute 27 and 58 from 10 p.m. to 05 a.m.