Any ideas on device timers or device schedules you are expecting

:100:eWeLink is still digging deeper into the function design of device timers and device schedules, and we’d love to invite you to improve the features together.
Any expected project you would like to use device timers/ device schedules to achieve? Join in the discussion!

Please add more device schedules, especially for the 4ch

1 Like

You can add new logic block in the routines. Like a “if”, “if else”, etc… It’s crazy that you have to do 4 routines to turn a light on and off with 1 RF button

1 Like

Have power on status for a device check the device schedule to see whether it should be on or off

1 Like

If eWeLink can allow users to activate more than 8 timers, we have already discussed this with our tech team. It depends on the repository inside the chip. Currently, device timers are saved at the device hardware, and they think that it doesn’t have enough space to activate more than 8 timers at the same time.

Great suggestion. And we did plan to provide more configurable items with the notification, and yes it will be more personalized to everyone to set the notification. We hope it can make it happen later this year, :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: it’s a spoiler

This could also be achieved by having a third action to the regular ON / OFF action adding a TOGGLE action in SCENES.

I had asked that the if reg timer and the alternating timer could be tied to a calendar date range (adjustable for the whole world) ( for example June 1st to September 30 for the Northern Hemisphere) and have a pause (on/off output either way) based on a beginning time and a ending time ( for example 02:00 PM to 07:00 PM or 14:00 to 19:00 hours) for help with what is called a “Summer time surge/high demand tariff” kicking in. Any progress on this? I think this would be useful all over the world during their Summer Season.
That this would be for the various apps in use for eWeLink devices that control things.

1 Like

I created a script to turn on the light when the door is opened. I think it would be useful to use not only constant time but also sunrise/sunset moments in the “Effective period” settings.

I did not find a function in the program that would allow recording the saved video to the smartphone. There is only a barely noticeable button for taking a photo while watching a video.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to share your suggestion. Your feedback is valuable to us and we appreciate it. I have forwarded your suggestion to our app development team for further evaluation. We will keep you informed of any updates and appreciate your support. :wink:

Thank you for at least listening, and if you implement it - it will be really great. I have a few more comments/suggestions for mobile APP, for example “Profile” - “Energy dashboard”: I scroll to the second chart, click on it - the display is all white and does not respond to any clicks, if it is not clear from the words - write, I will give a screenshot.

Hi there, it would be helpful if you could attach some screenshots to better understand it.

Some forum editicate here:
When you create or edit or respond to a topic, it is best to attach pic using the upload tool (graphic icon) (located to the right of the coding block (pre-formatted text) icon and the Bulleted List icon.
What you done by putting it up on iCloud would force people to get an account there. Plus it can not be verified as non-malicious.

I’m not sure that the 10M file will get through my proxy, so I created a link with access “for everyone who has a link”.

Hello everyone! I am new, hope you understand. I found in other program an option for a door sensor that I can’t find in ewelink. When you choose the sensor, it gives you two options: battery and Status. If you choose Status, it gives you four options: open, closed, "open"duration, "closed"duration. Anybody knows if ewelink offers the last two options? Because I really need them. Thank you for your answers. They’ll be very much appreciated!

After the last update, the “Energy dashboard” already works correctly

I would love to see a feature where I can keep a device on during a time range.
In South Africa, we have a lot of load shedding. Power goes off at random times.

At the moment, when a device miss its initial ON sequence, the entire schedule is missed.
To solve this, we need a schedule which always switch a device to be ON during a schedule.
Example: I want the geyser on between 8am to 10am
If the power goes off at 8:30 and comes back on at 9:30, the device should switch back ON as it is in schedule
If the power goes off at 9:30 and comes back on at 10:30, the device should switch OFF as it is outside schedule
So effectively switch the device on and keep it on while it is in the scheduled time.

I think my suggestion below overlaps with this one.
Yes please for this request