Summer Time problem

Hi, i have a little problem. It is linked with summer time in Poland. The thermostat under EWeLink cannot reach the right time.
It is a problem because schedule is not accurate. I changed a time in EWeLink app- no result. I changed time in my router- nothing.
Maybe someone had similar issue and already solved it somehow ? All comments are welcome :hugs:

This is what I got from ewelink support:
Erin (Support)

Mar 28, 2023, 15:50 GMT+8

Hi there,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused by the recent adjustment to DST. We understand that changes to time can be frustrating and confusing, and we want to do everything we can to help you navigate this transition smoothly.

Please know that we have different adjustment methods in place for different schedules, and we are working diligently to ensure that all of our systems are updated to reflect the correct time.

If you are experiencing issues with device timing or once Time of Day in the scene, we recommend referring to the following link for instructions on how to adjust your settings:

If you have a repeat Time of Day in your scene, you can open the edit scene page without making any changes, just with one tap Save, and it should work normally according to the current time.

We take pride in providing excellent customer service, and we are here to answer any other questions or concerns you may have. Please do not hesitate to contact us at any time.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during this time of adjustment.

Have a good day

Thank you for that. It looks like solution for my issue. I will try it and I will be back to say a word.

I have several smart switches and together with the app they work well.
HOWEVER
Why mess about with the timers twice a year for DST??
Other people don’t do this.
If I want my gates to open at 7am yesterday then I’d like them to open at 7am today.
Why make users edit all their timers? It’s stupid.
Adding a bulk timer edit (which doesn’t select all the timers for some reason) is a very poor work around for a smart automation system.
So, either:
a) Do nothing to the timers - best solution
Or
b) at least give us an option to keep the timers fixed
It’s not rocket science

1 Like

Interpretation:

We forgot.