Time delay between Zigbee button push and the action

Hi,

I used WiFi or Bluetooth LE for IoT, so my experience with Zigbee is limited. But when I push my button (Sonoff SNZB-01) and have a simple rule (push button => toggle power switch S40ZB Lite), I get a delay of 0.5s-2s. Even 0.5s is annoying, but the worst is that it can easily take 2s.
Same when using an SNZB-04 as switch and a Philips Hue as target.

Is this delay expected? And if not, why is there the delay? The iHost’s CPU is not busy, and all devices are in a room within 2m, thus the ZB signal is quite strong (I assume).

Or is this normal behavior and I have to learn to live with it?

PS: I use the scenes within iHost, not Node-RED or anything similar. And v1.6.0 and v1.6.1 behave the same way.

2 Likes

This issue is already reported here: 【Update】What's new in eWeLink CUBE V1.6.0 - #32 by jam3 And at the replies below that reply. eWeLink did take a note of it and will run tests to verify the issue.

I was looking for someone else having reported this, but I could not find it. In a way I’m glad it’s a known issue (and I hope it’ll be fixed soon).
I’m patient :slight_smile:

We found that when executing the scene, the code needs to check whether it is within the effective time first - because of the introduction of the daylight saving time and standard time switch, there are some problems in this section, we will try to locate and fix it asap

Many thanks.

I regret to say this but the 1.6.1 update has made the problem worse. Now the response time has increased to 5~7 seconds.

1 Like

Confirmative. 8 to 10 seconds here.

1 Like

@jam3 @joennuh @harald.kubota
Our testing team hasn’t found any clues so far, could you please provide us with the system logs?
System settings - download system logs - submit via the Feedback button
(attach a screenshot of the Scene settings would be much helpful)
if you submit the Feedback please let me know the ticket ID

Here you are:
Your feedback has been received and a ticket with ID184925

I am curious to know how you have dealt with daylight saving time on the eWeLink app, as there are no issues with scene latency.
Perhaps it would be helpful to add options related to time setting, so you can manually set the iHost’s date and time or have them set automatically using a network time server automatically or by entering the IP address of any network time server (router, public service) or choose one from the drop-down menu.

Here you are:
Your feedback has been received and a ticket with ID184925

Thank you, we’ll do some check.

I am curious to know how you have dealt with daylight saving time on the eWeLink app, as there are no issues with scene latency.

eWeLink app does not support DST auto-switching yet, users need to manually adjust timers from the app settings. not sure if the latency on iHost scene is caused by the auto-switching time, we’ re checking

Perhaps it would be helpful to add options related to time setting, so you can manually set the iHost’s date and time or have them set automatically using a network time server automatically or by entering the IP address of any network time server (router, public service) or choose one from the drop-down menu.

We’re considering about adding the manual option, but not confirmed yet, maybe in the future

Does this setting depend on the phone’s system time then? Because I don’t adjust scenes.

It depends on the eWeLink server time in UTC / GMT without DST applied. So when it is summer and DST should be applied (+1 hour) existing scenes gets executed at the UTC / GMT time which is (compared to DST) -1 hour.

It’s not about rushing but how are the tests progressing? Unfortunately, the delay in scene execution introduced in version 1.6.0 makes, for example, the use of the motion detector questionable. Perhaps it is worth considering a downgrade until the cause is fixed? In the version preceding 1.6.1, the delay was also there, but not as impossibly long.

Will be improved in next update, what do you mean by motion detector questionable?

When you enter a room or open a door, you expect to trigger your scene almost immediately and not after 5 seconds or so. This makes the practical use of the motion detector questionable. The delay after pressing the switch can be lived with, or at least for a while. Sensor-related scenes are a completely different story, aren’t they?
And the next update is expected any soon? If not very soon, a temporary downgrade would be welcomed. I think other users will agree.
Best regards.

ID185054 created. I hope you can find the problem.

Got it, thank you.

While I was testing and pushing buttons (and window sensors etc.), I saw the CPU utilization going up (50%) for about 2 seconds. This was very reproducible: any signal to change a scene resulted in about 2s slightly over 50% CPU utilization. When not doing anything, it’s around 10%.

I don’t know if this helps, but if scenes use a single CPU thread, that would explain those delays.

Confirmed. It’s the same with my iHost.
I have created a manual scene that turns on the light the same as pressing a button. When triggered, CPU Usage only increases to 15~18%. The response is without delay.