Sonoff L3-5M won't connect to WiFi

It could also be a client-side problem where the strip software cannot maintain a server connection for long. This will require a firmware upgrade, which in turn requires a stable connection. What a mess…

Less likely though. If that was the case, switching off and back on the device would cause a reconnection, at least for a while. More likely to be server-side.

1 Like

While the strip is switched to Wi-Fi, the connection is good (ping ~15-20ms), traffic seems normal for a few minutes and the strip can be controlled via Wi-Fi, e.g. a web browser. Then, it starts to flood the network with ARP broadcasts (who has <gateway address>? tell <strip address>), one every second or so, and, while it’s still connected and visible to the network, you cannot control it via Wi-Fi. It doesn’t matter if somebody responds to that ARP request or not, it keeps asking the same question.

As there is no option to “disconnect” from Wi-Fi, the only way to stop it is to power it off. I fear that if this can be fixed, it will require a firmware upgrade.

1 Like

I deleted the LED strip from the eWeLink application and now I can’t add it again, the application detects but gives an error when trying to add it.

1 Like

I recently had to change the DHCP server on my LAN, and suddenly the strips started working on Wi-Fi! So it’s definitely a software problem, not addressed by SONOFF. The previous DHCP server works for every other device I have (more than 50), except these L3-5M-P strips.

If that helps, the non-working DHCP was not on the router, and the strip kept asking ‘Who has < gateway IP >’. The working DHCP is on the router/gateway and the strip stops asking after the first broadcasted ARP ‘Who has < gateway IP >’ request.

I tested multiple times and the results are consistent. DHCP A does not work, DHCP B works. I’s been a few days now. I’m now able in January, to turn on my Christmas lights using Google Assistant when I’m not home :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Το έκανες να δουλεύει? Σκέφτομαι να δοκιμάσω αυτο με το παλιό router.

Με τον DHCP στο Synology NAS, έπαιρνε IP, αλλά μετά κόλλαγε το Wi-Fi. Ή φαινόταν εξ αρχής offline ή τό χανε μετά από 2-3 λεπτά. Με DHCP στο ZTE router φαίνεται σταθερό αρκετές μέρες τώρα.