eWeLink Web Power Monitoring not updating

I have subscribe to the eWeLink Web. I am disappointed that their device that have power monitoring does not update automatically until you open the eWeLink phone app on consumption screen then the Web site updating the power usage. Why this is not updating automatically when changes occurred. This also cause my Home Assistant intregration not updating. But my TUYA power monitoring update every changes in value. I might have to switch to TUYA devices if not resolved soon. The device I am using the SPM units. I have submit tickets to Support but no respond at all.

1 Like

I have a similar problem running a POWR320D. The power readings are fine in the phone app but if I try and access through the API then they only get updated after an hour or so (or when an update is triggered by logging onto the app). At the very least I would expect a 5 min update but preferably also on demand. There doesn’t seem to be anything in the API description that tells you how to do this and whilst there is some brilliant coding on GITHUB around this subject I have yet to find something that addresses this issue.

Hi, you mean the History Power usage on web wont’ refresh until you open the app and enter the consumption page, right?
I’ve forward this to our dev-team and are waiting for their response, will keep you updated.

No, no. The eWeLink Web page on power consumption not refresh/update automatically. When I turn on the SPM device, the Power Consumption does not show updating to reflect the power/volt/amp usage.
Only when I open the phone app on the power consumption page it refresh the eWeLink webpage.
The eWeLink web page need to refresh more frequently when the device power changes.

This is only on the eWeLink Web page. I paid for yearly subscription already. eWeLink web page need to show any power changes on the device on the web page. Nothing to do with the history power page.

Thank you for the details, we’re doing some test right now.
feel free to reply if you have any further questions.

1 Like

hi David,
For your questions, just communicated with the development team, indeed the api interface data is updated every hour, currently we have no plans to change it as changes need to modify both the device and the api.
may I know why you need to modify this?

Hi
I would like to be able to code decisions based on the power being used by the device and the power I have available. It would appear that the ewelink app can get this information but it isn’t available through the api at the refresh rate I need. Other manufacturers such as those that make TAPO devices do make this information available and I am successfully using them. The advantage of the Sonoff device is that it has a high amp rating but I guess I will have to look elsewhere for a solution.

Any plans on fixing this? Getting real time values in Home assistant will enable us to make automation based on consumption.

I have same error/issue. The eWeLink Web page on my device (Sonoff POW R3) watt and Amp power is not refresh/update when it change. When I turn on the (Sonoff POW R3) device, the actual Power Watt does not updating to reflect the power/volt/amp usage.
Only when I open the phone app on the power consumption page it refresh the eWeLink webpage.
The eWeLink web page need to refresh when the device power changes.
This is not woorking…

The same problem persists on the Sonoff POW 3 . Needs a firmware upgrade as this seems to be universal.

do you mean SONOFF POW R3?
when you enter the electricity data page, please wait for over 50 second,
the amp/voltage/power will be updated when they changed over 0.03A/5V/2W,
we’ll optimize this in next update.

Appreciate your prompt response. When electricity page data opened for over 40/50 sec’s , the updating is correct. Looking forward to new firmware release .

It seems like I have an issue similar to this:
eWeLink Web Power Monitoring not updating - eWeLink Forum

My power measurements suddenly stopped updating on Monday morning after working fine for months.
Sometimes the power info in the eWeLink app shows a power (and current) measurement although the plugs (S31s and POW2s) are off and most of the time it doesn’t show power usage when the plug is actually switched on.

I’m running several automations in Home Assistant based on these numbers and due to the 12ish Sonoff devices not reporting correctly, they (the automations and the devices) have basically become useless.

Anybody else who has seen this strange behavior lately?

BTW:
It doesn’t seem to matter, if the ‘LAN control’ option is switched on or off.