[Alexa related issue]Sonoff devices are automatically and randomly turning off

Just installed the new firmware update 3.7.3. We are Testing it as I am typing. I takes more than a minute to update. So far they are working.
Thank you all.
joe

Let’s see if updating everyone doesn’t fail again, because that month we’ve been

Ya hoy actualize firmware a 3.7.3 y ya se soluciono el problema, no obstante he comprado varios tipos de dispositivos Aubess que funcionan con TUYA SMART y van muy bien y son baratos.

I tested 3.7.2 as per your push and worked on my device listed before. But had the same issue with other devices, i updated to 3.7.3 and the problem is still there:

Device ID

3.7.3 still doesn’t appear

Updated all my devices to 3.7.3 and removed the DHCP reservation. I’ll be checking the status but today and yesterday with one device in 3.7.2 and no DHCP reservation, the issue seems to be corrected.
Thanks

2 Likes

Checking with firmware team, will get back to you if we have any clue.

Update: still analyzing the logs uploaded.

Increíble, me ha vuelto a pasar hoy después de un corte de corriente, cuando volvió el suministro eléctrico, incluso con la version 3.7.3 uno de mis dispositivos, una ves encendido se apaga durante 1 s. aproximadamente y se vuelve a encender, así ininterrumpidamente y aleatoriamente mientras este, esté en ON. mi dispositivo es :
Version. 3.7.3
Modelo. Mini
Nombre del FW. PSF-BD1-GL
ID. 1000e9ffcf.

Me estoy empezando a desesperar, esto es inaguantble, antes no me pasaba esto, EXIJO SOLUCIÓN YA. Saludos

1 Like

Hola, acabo de actualizar el firmware y sigue sin solución el problema. Paso capturas.

I have about 15 sonoff mini’s and a few light switches as well a breaker switch-all sonoff, together with 3 wifi 6 modems. After updating to 3.7.3 a few of my mini R2’s were still switching on/off periodically. I then switched off the main earth leakage, on the electricity board, for about 1min and then on again. The random switching on/off problem now seems rectified. I think this resets the all the devices; modems and fiber ONT box simultaneously. Don’t know if this is really the case but seems to have helped, for now.

Yes, still happening with 3.7.3

@alf.grau @elozanoarrugaeta @fvarela_sere

Sorry for the inconvenience that the issue still going on, we checked the log and found that the device keeps rebooting which is abnormal behavior.

We would like to conduct further investigation to determine the root cause of the problem you are experiencing with your device. To facilitate this process, we kindly request that you send the device back to us.

Please check the private msg on how to proceed with this.

mmm, this is not a good news. An hardware problem, happened all around the world in the same time, that could be fixed with a static IP?!?
Morehover in my environment, i’ve 5 Mini and 1 4CH, the blink happens only in one device per time.
Whit a restart of the whole electrical line (sonoff devices and router) the problematic device move to another random one…
Seems we are so far from the solution…

1 Like

Totalmente de acuerdo con piedecarlo.

After a few days my device’s have begun misbehaving again. Now the sonoff r2 mini’s just randomly switch off/on constantly. This is soo frustrating!! Please fix this issue, as the software update hasn’t worked at all.

Does any one here with on/off problem is not using Alexa? Google assistent for example?

Everbory is using Alexa, try for 1h turn off all Alexas conected on the same wifi net…and take a look that the problems stops. Sure its not a resolution…but its a way foy eWelink/sonoff stuff guys to solve the problem.

1 Like

I’ve solved partialy this on/off problem adding more one router down the pricipal router with a diferent IP range…in this sense…all Alexas are in a separated wifi. Sonoff staff pay attention on it…Alexas are the problem when are on the same DHCP range of Sonoff modules

I have had the same problem over the last few weeks

or so. I use smart plugs and a couple of sonoff basics. I have tried to update to latest firmware but has not fixed problem. Country: Italy.

I turned off my Amazon Echo Studio speaker a while ago and not had an issue since. No restarts on Sonoff nothing. If i switch it back on, starts again. Amazon Firestick TV does not cause an issue, only speaker.