[Alexa related issue]Sonoff devices are automatically and randomly turning off

When I say static ip would be a good approach, I mean from a debugging perspective

Will add them to the test list ASAPļ¼Œand static IP works for some users but itā€™s not a general solution for everyone.
BTW, the eWeLink app doesnā€™t capable of keeping a static IP for the device while itā€™s the routerā€™s settingšŸ˜‚, the random on/off is really a complex issue that suffers us too.

Added to the test least, please check & update them, let me know any results you have, sorry for the bad experience that ā€˜randomā€™ issue caused.

Thanks Iā€™ll provide feedback soon

1 Like

I am requesting version 3.7.2 for this device which is the one that is giving me the most problems, I will have to remove everything from ewelink since the restarts are unbearable.

Model RFR2-8285
id 10012353ca

By the way, putting a range of more than 192.168.1.150 and the fixed ips no longer work.

Thank you dear, I already updated to 3.7.2 and waiting for results.

Best regards,
Alfred

1 Like

Sure, will add it and let you know if itā€™s done.

I have an open ticket since December which still has no solution, when they told me to change the range of the ip addresses it worked, when I stopped working I had to put statistics and it worked another season, now neither of the two solutions works anymore, I have 16 devices in a business and the lights go crazy, we donā€™t give image to our customers, I donā€™t understand

Itā€™s really a complicated issue, router, ISP, timer setting, Alexa routines, chips, firmware etc., every aspect need to be checked and located, we are on the track and think the 3.7.2 firmware is the one expected to fix the issue, sorry for the unhappy experience.

I donā€™t know, I have changed router 4 times, and the problem continues, from ISP, the problem continues, I have tried with 4G connection and the problem continues, sometimes it takes 10 seconds, sometimes 10h sometimes it is not cut, others is cut 60 times an hour, I have removed routines, and timers, alexa, everything, and it always says that

When I install 3.7.2, do I have to put the ip range back on the normal router? Do I have to remove the static ips?

Is it possible to add 10004e836f. This is currently triggering repeatedly and is one of the worst offenders

I had the same problem, which was apparently solved with the update, on todayā€™s date, of the firmware of my Deco M5 router.

Updated and no longer turning off today. Iā€™ll keep trying a few days

1 Like

According to our test by far, DHCP enabled of the router works well too.
Please have a try and let me know if it works great.

Sure, will add it in 4 hours.

Done, please have a try and let me know if it works great.

The update is still unavailable

Would you please try again later, we have confirmed that the ID 10012353ca is on the list, may have some latency cased by network situation.

We are planning to release an updated firmware version of 3.7.3 to all of the related devices, and the 3.7.3 firmware will be deployed by UTC 10:00 Feb 21, 2023, and you will get this update gradually due to different network conditions, we suggest checking and update it timely.

*Please note, the 3.7.3 is the public version based (basically the same as) the test version 3.7.2, so if the device has updated to 3.7.2 separately via the test list upon this topic thread, 3.7.3 will not be pushed to those devices, donā€™t worry, all will be in the same row in the next update.

Just in case, please observe whether the random turn-off/on issue happens again. if the issue still exists, please provide the exact timing (month/day/hour/minute) of the unnormal actions as well as the screenshot of the device logs of that in the eWeLink APP and highlight the unexpected ones.

Thank you for all your understanding and testing with us earlier, free to let us know other questions you may have.

1 Like