[Alexa related issue]Sonoff devices are automatically and randomly turning off

More today however only noted the time on the most recent 20:34 UTC 15/02/2022 3x times in that minute again nothing in the logs

I have 9 other devices effected so it’s very frustrating as my house looks like a disco as they all behave different (going off at different times randomly or sometimes staying on for hours with no issue)

The NSpanel is the worst as you can see it visibly rebooting each time.

@fvarela_sere Sorry for the bad experience,
We are on tracking, released a test firmware to specific users to verify if it works for them, still collecting feedback to evaluation further.
As you know, there are various devices types with variety firmware, so we need to walk this through one after another, will keep you posted.

@rhysburkitt We optimized the firmware for the random on/off issue fixed, firmware 3.7.2 has been deployed to your device 10011bf149, please update and let me know if the issue still exists.

Sorry for any inconvenience for you.

17/02/2023 19:01-19:04 UTC lights going off randomly several times on 10011bf149 which was updated 3.7.2 about 10am so no improvement, again nothing in the logs on the ewelink app.

Hola. Yo estoy teniendo muchos problemas y quejas, y no grave es que nadie save que ocasiona que se apague. Yo estoy considerando ya empezar a cambiar y salir de todos los que tenmso instalados. Por casualidad Usted sabe de alguna alternativa que sea mejor.
Gracias
Joe

We are going crazy, people complaining about lights and devices constantly switching off. and the worst, is that we cant find a solution.
I noticed that this problems starting happening after the last update to 3.7.0. that should give a huge clue to the coding team.
Now we should have a 3.7.2 but where can we get it. I have a lot of people upset with this bug.
Tells us if this new firmware update solves the problem and how we can to get it.
Thanks

Hi!
Today powering off logs

18/Feb
22:12:09
22:35:21
22:43:01
23:21:52

Device ID: 1000b71515
Firmware v. 3.7.0
Model: PSF-BD1-GL

Thanks!

Hi! For most of us the problem started in october/november and with the firmware 3.6.0 but we installed this version several months after the issue. Not related to any update for me.

@alf.grau @sutwinholdings Sorry for the bad experiences, would you please let us know the device ID which have the issue? We will add it into the 3.7.2 firmware testing list while it’s not released to the public, we are still digging in with some users and getting feedback more.

Cope that, thanks for letting us know, we are running a test firmware 3.7.2 with some pilot users and collecting data to dig deeper, please let us know your device ID and we will adding it into the list.

Hi! The ID it’s in the same post but here it is

1000b71515

Thanks!

Get it, will let you know if it’s been added, expected later tomorrow.

1 Like

Buenas tardes

Yo también tengo varios equipos sonoff que se apagan solos estos son los que he detectado:

SONOFF MINI, ID: 1001051f28, FW: PSF-BD1-GL, firmware 3.7.0

SONOFF Basic2, ID: 10007790d6, FW: PSF-B01-GL, firmware 3.7.0

SONOFF Basic2, ID: 1000c07863, FW: PSF-B01-GL, firmware 3.7.0

SONOFF MINI, ID: 100104a869, FW: PSF-BD1-GL, firmware 3.7.0

Gracias

Sonoff TX2C ID 10013dc6a3

From what I see everything remains the same, I have everything with sonoff basic rf and some basic r2 and it disconnects continuously, if I put ips from 150 as you say here sometimes it works and other times it turns off continuously, it is useless for me to put the last mode on because it looks like a nightclub all the time turning off and on alone, and if I put

After 3 months I think it’s time for someone to find a solution, since it’s a bit of a disaster that everything works so badly.

Hello Staff of ewelink,

I have the same issue, device started turning on and off today (power: last state)
My device ID: 10013fc514
Type: Mini R2

Version: 3.7.0

Could you please push 3.7.2 to test and collect data?

Many thanks

Ok so I had this issue before Christmas and it sudenly stopped happening.

I have over 50 devices running my home and this evening all most all of them have randomly started rebooting.

My Wi-Fi is NOT going off my network is stable and I’m not going to change to static IP’s I have done this before and it does not fix the problem.

The switches are power cycling and returning to their power on state which by default is off. This is a major issue when every light switch in the house goes off randomly.

My hot tub is controlled by Sonoff devices and is now useless.

This is happening on everything from basics to NSPanel devices and in some cases is happening every 10-20 seconds!!

All firmware are upto date and the DHCP scope has plenty of space.

I’m an infrastructure architect with over 20 years experience and do not expect to be told to set static IP’s on commercially available devices that in some cases have worked fine for 5 years or more. I have made no changes to my network and everything else is working fine. This points very clearly to an issue with Sonoff / EWeLink.

I would request that the issue is escalated as the previous support ticket raised just asked me to set a static ip. I am not the only person experiencing these issues and they need to be fixed.

1 Like

Currently I have an NSPanel that has just started rebooting randomly at least once a minute. I have videoed this but can’t upload as videos are not allowed.

Nothing appears in the logs……

If this isn’t resolved in the next few daysI will have no choice but to consider replacing all sonoff devices with something that works!

Having spent thousands on these devices I’m not happy😡

1 Like

@alf.grau @Àlex @kotis32 @alfred.elkhoury
Hey there, our college just told me that device IDs you feedback up this thread have been added in the firmware 3.7.2 test list, would you please check & update it via eWeLink app and let me know if the issue is fixed or sth still there.

Can I get a test firmware please, my devices are all doing it randomly. I do have Alexa but the issue occurs whether it’s enabled or not, I also had this issue for a while and then changed my dhcp to 150 upwards which helped for a while and then this week it started happening again and all devices still have their reserved up in this range, here are a couple of my device ids. Is it possible to add the option to provide a static ip within eWeLink, if this is dynamic ip related then surely this would be a sensible approach. It seems to me that the devices randomly ignore the default lease time and then reboot to grab a new ip even though they have reservations.

These are all connected to a 2.4ghz ap which doesn’t have a 5ghz radio so these 5ghz theories can be ignored imo

1000838e544
10005018c1