Sonoff switchman R5 Matter support via ihost

As for the subject, when ihost will show R5 through Matter?

Hey there,

Appreciate the feedback! We don’t currently have plans to add Matter support for eWeLink-Remote devices.

Sorry but I don’t find such an answer acceptable at all. Both iHost and R5 are from Sonoff. Since iHost can connect both to R5 and Matter I consider it not even a lack, it’s s a bug…You cannot answer that you don’t plan to solve it. You stole 100 euros to make me act as a beta tester for a practically useless box called iHost.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

We will consider this feature in future updates, but it needs evaluation from the team to hit on our roadmap.

@ward thank you for responding to @devishian on this.

Can the R5 be added to the eWeLink app (as an M5 style switch would be) and then sync’d to iHost via the eWeLink docker addon to the provide third party access via Matter (again the same as with an M5 switch)?

I have just finished setting up a mass or Node Red flows for my R5, which is currently connected to iHost directly. Most of the devices I wish to control can be managed via Node Red but I have some other third party devices that require GHA.
If connecting my R5 via the eWeLink app first, then sync’ing to iHost will provide the same GHA/Matter compatibility as it does the M5 switches then this work around would be a not ideal but, sufficient for most users.