Smart scene for a blinking light

Hello, I need help to write a scene,

Input conditions : several Zigbee SNZB-04 → window/door(s) open
After 1 hour, which means I forgott to close the window(s)
Activation of a MiniR4 (Commanding a buzzer and a flash alarm) for 15sec, then off 5 min, then again on 15s
Untill all windows are again closed.
I could of course write the scene that worked for 1 time 15s alarm using inching, but i dont find out how to create a loop.
Loop timer would be great if another condition than a start date and time can be implemented.

Thanks

https://sequematic.com/

You’re already halfway there:
1.Switch A creates inch close, and the inching time is 5 seconds;
2.Create scene B: IF Tap to perform, THEN switch A on;
3.Create scene C: IF switch A off, THEN Perform mannual sence B;

After completing the above steps, congratulations, you have created a working loop. If you want to stop it, just disable scene C.

Thanks for both feed-backs.
In between, I purchased the ihost and am now trying to find out how to get the best from it. Unfortunately it seems that sequematic is an on-line system so even if i found it easy and convenient, i will not use it.

I will try to use node-red in combination with oznu-home bridge and ewelink smart home.

I will switch my questions the “Cube” topic

Thanks again

Most IOT is cloud-based to some extent, just like ewelink. The only option for the Sonoff ecosystem is iHost(cube) or HA… if it is to be able to work without the Internet. But not every Sonoff device will work with iHost when it does not have access to the cloud. Mainly aim at zigbee devices, otherwise there may be a problem. :slight_smile:

If I remember correctly and nothing has changed so far, only ZigBee devices can be fully LAN only using iHost. Wifi/rf433 is probably out of the question without access to the cloud…

@jam3 , am I remembering wrong?

Hello Morgan,
yes you are right. I struggle to find my zigbee sensors that are on separated bridges…
only the Zigbee that are directly connected to the ihost bridge are so far ok.
I hope they will improve functionalities of the ihost to support the bridges…
But I can so far see them on Oznu/homebridge (while connected to the internet).
Next test is to disconnect my internet connection and see what happens if I work on the LAN only… will update, i cant do the test at the moment.

Hi :slight_smile:

Some Sonoff devices, both zigbee, rf433, and wifi, have this LAN mode and when there is no Internet, the ewelink application can talk to them. The problem, however, lies elsewhere, namely the scenes and all the automation, which these devices do not have without the cloud. The exception is iHost, which has local scenes, but for it to work fully, iHost must first have these devices connected, and as you can see, this varies. :slight_smile:

I was once thinking about buying iHost, but I’m still holding off because there are still many things that need to be improved.

I’m kinda disappointed with ihost too… YouTube vdo’s are all great and show only advantages… nothing about conts…
Unfortunately, i’m not good enough to hack the devices Firmware to build my own 100% local hosted (and secured) system, but I’m thinking about calling a couple of friends that have the competences and build my own startup :rofl:

Some people rely on home assistant or node-red + iHost to be offline.
In a very simplified way, you can also do something with Macrodroid + ewelink app. But imho, none of these options is what it should be, this environment straight from the manufacturer, but unfortunately it is not and everyone tries to cope as best they can.

iHost should be the central local point, but it really is only in advertising.
It should support every Sonoff device and every functionality that is in the application/cloud.

But currently it’s a larva because it’s definitely not a butterfly… Yes, there is an API available and apparently you can use it to build your own application, although I haven’t tested how many limitations it has.

Recently they even deprived me of the ability to use the ewelink app on Android 7 :slight_smile: which limited me even more.

Give yourself a break and choose Home Assistant over iHost. I made that choice and haven’t regretted it for a moment.

Wrong. Zigbee are not LAN devices. RF433 devices, when connected via RFBridge, can be controlled locally, but learning buttons in iHost is not supported. Adding or deleting remote RF controllers within the local network will not be notified. WiFi devices, that are capable of LAN control and with the option enabled, can be all locally controlled.

But can zigbee be controlled(connected directly or via a bridge) locally by iHost without internet in scenes without problem?

Because if something cannot work without the Internet on iHost, it defeats the purpose of existence. :slight_smile:

They can, but the term LAN denotes something different, don’t you agree?

Depends…

In this context, it rather means local operation within our LAN. That is, without access to the cloud/internet. Because this is the goal in the case of iHost. To have a central point and local scenes instead of a cloud.

The Ewelink app can also theoretically control devices that have LAN mode turned on, but what if we don’t have scenes and all automation is lost when we don’t have connection to the cloud.

If it were the same in the case of iHost, it would contradict the logic of using it. :slight_smile:

The technology defined by the Zigbee specification is of wireless personal area network (WPAN) type. It uses a mesh network architecture for communication by default. As for LAN, Ethernet and Wi-Fi are the two most common technologies in use for local area networks. Therefore Zigbee, BL or Thread networks are not exactly of the LAN type, because there are no WAN variants of these.

Actually, Thread can utilize iPv6 to communicate with external networks. I think only a door look is available on the market for this feature so far.

Thread must utilize IPv6. It’s mandatory. Whatever it uses, it’s WPAN.

1 Like

Thanks for this advice, I started studying the idea.
So far I am thinking using an old (Aspire E17) Laptop that became to slow using windows 10 and run Home Assistant on Linux (means I will move to a new territory i never explored before)
From what i 've seen so far, since I have only Sonoff Wifi and Zigbee devices connected on 2 bridges, it should work locally.
Any suggestion, where to find clear tutos, mistakes to absolutely avoid…?

Thanks again for the contributions