NSPanel thermostat ON-OFF interval

I agree. Whilst @StephenJ has replied a few times and explained that it needs Sonoff to get involved, it’s very disappointing that nobody from Sonoff is interested or even replies to us @Daniel_Zhan although they have plenty of time to post new products on Facebook :frowning:

Any news about this cause the thermostat function from the sonoff nspanel pro is useless, and the winter is comming

This is all what they managed to do from January till now.

archarr.wu@itead.cc/support@itead.cc :

“Sorry for all the inconvenience caused.
We have submitted your request to R&D team for evaluation. We totally understanding your feelings and we also hope bring you a better experience. Thanks for your constant waiting. We will keep following this case and will contact you ASAP if this function has any updates. Your understanding is highly appreciated!”

Come on is not that hard to add at Temp. Accuracy also 0.1 to 0.5 values that will solve this issue.

2 Likes

Estoy con usted, el otro día como iHost no es de ewe… o de son… me da igual ese dilema, pues nada, no me dieron ni un contacto, cuando un equipo se pone a trabajar en algo es eso EQUIPO y a remar para el mismo sitio o al agua.

A small light of hope appeared. Now Sonoff is saying: “We’re diligently working on the firmware iteration, and while it’s currently on schedule, we’re actively gathering feedback that requires immediate updates. Our team has identified the root cause of this issue and is dedicated to rectifying it in upcoming releases. Your understanding and patience during this time are genuinely appreciated.:heart:

I hope it’s not a lie, and they finally really identified the cause. It took them a year, but I guess they didn’t look until now. No way that they needed this time for this stupid issue, maybe if the HR department is working on the code yes.

1 Like

I hop new fw comes soon

I just find out that on the eweelink android version there is starting from 0.5 degree but on iOS it is starting from 1 degree. If you need interval of 0.5 login from an Android phone .

Is this with the NSPanel or NSPanel Pro ?
I have the NSPanel with FW version 1.4.0, and Ewelink app version 5.1.0 running on Android, and I don’t have the +/-0,5 option…

Hi there , mine is a ns panel pro.

1 Like

those with nspanel are ignored. it’s been a year since they didn’t make a new firmware. I’m not talking about the background picture anymore. disrespect :triumph:

I agree, there seems to be no effort in the ns panel. I have these and the pro version, I prefer the ns panel. It’s a shame nobody at Sonoff cares about them!

I would recommend to everybody to send the link of this forum to sonoff and Ewelink on Facebook messenger. Maybe if they get the same message from 20 people one after the other they will read it.

from another discussion: @makevicp

Great idea to work with F. Even if I’m used to C, I prefer to be more accurate in the thermostat to save some energy.

But even with this, the increments of ±1F will mean that, if you set the thermostat to 69F (20.5C), it will open in 67F (19.4C) and close in 71F (21.7C), which is again ±2C overall.

In order to stay in a total of ±1C overall, my trick is to set an auto scene to turn off the relevant switch (sonoff channel1 in my case).

Example: thermostat for Channel1 set to 69F, auto scene to turn off Channel1 at 69F (effective 24h).

Channel1 opens at 67F, closes at 69F, opens again when it drops at 67F, and so on.

I use the thermostat for ON, and scene for quicker OFF.

*If I try the same scenario with C instead of F, targeting to ±1C, I come into a loop of simultaneous on/off at a certain physical temp in the room.

*You have to adjust the scene trigger temperature, if you have temp calibration effective.

Hi. Thx for the tips. It can offer some kind off workaround but it’s not the solution. This can be done witch scene triggering without having the NSPanel at all
But if I want to be able to adjust the thermostat, to actually use the thermostat interface is not solving anything. I can set up a scene to turn off the heat before the NSPanel, but if someone adjusts the temp on the NSPanel my off scene can do more harm than good.

And I just can’t accept the fact that (I asume more than 10 people work for Sonoff and Ewelink) and no one was capable of seeing the issue in the firs place, and now no one is capable of solving it.

I fully agree with you. It is just a workaround. We should have a proper solution from Sonoff team.

A week ago they replayed on a facebook post that they are diligently working on it. I was naive and happy, I thought it will be done in a week, because it’s a pretty simple issue. After that week passed I wrote to Sonoff

3 Likes

Sonoff_Global : " its iteration will start after our Spring Festival holidays" (February 10 and 17) . So if they start it in February we have a good chance that it will be done until august, maybe for the next winter season it will be ready to use :smiley:
Don’t forget most probably the solution is to change < to <= .

1 Like

Just release the code as open source so everybody can work on it. In this way we all can get what we want.

2 Likes

@ward

1 Like