Nspanel temperature with decimals

Dear @Daniel_Zhan,

can you please let us know if the hysteresis/ temperature accuracy step will be modified from +/- 1 to 0.5 or 0.2 degrees? If yes, by when?
Thank you in advance

3 Likes

any update for decimal to ns panel?

2 Likes

finer temperature resolution would be helpful.

I tried to use this to control a fan in the room - but with the terrible resolution on this sensor, it creates situations where the fan switches on and off, since it bounces the temperature up and down by a degree

I don’t have this issue with my zigbee temp and humidity sensors… its frustrating that I paid so much for this device - and its so limiting… I cannot direct from its thermostat control, operate my fan… and if I try do it via scene - I cannot get useful control because its resolution is terrible

2 Likes

@Daniel_Zhan any news on the NS PANEL thermostat upgrade as mentioned earlier?

2 Likes

I would like see this feature on the normal (not pro) NSPanel !

2 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Any news @Daniel_Zhan

sooooo - this is annoying… (granted less than before.)

I got a zigbee temp and humidity sensor (yes - it annoys me to throw more money at a temp sensor in a room that has a temp sensor in it…)…

I set the ns-panel to display temp from this other sensor… and its the exact same issue - no decimals at all… just 1 degree increments

come on guys - this is a silly limitation for someone to have coded into the thing…
:frowning_face:

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am as annoyed as everyone with not having smaller increments then ±1.
Thinking how to overcome this, before its fixed by Sonoff, i suggest trying to change units to F instead of C. Because increment of ±1 in F is about 0,5 C. Its not pretty, for everyone used to C but it should work.

Sonoff , we are still waiting for an answer.
Happy heating season to all.

3 Likes

I won’t do this, but it’s genius :)). It just shows how stupid the situation is, and also Sonoff+Ewelink

Any News? It seems sonoff only invest in new devices instead to improve actuals

1 Like

Hi, this issue will be resolved in the next release.

2 Likes

Please include turn off the device when thermostat is disabled
If outlet is on and I disable thermostat in app the outlet stills on

2 Likes

Yes this is annoying too!
It is not switching ouside the period, but keeps its state!
It need to go OFF

1 Like

@makevicp

Great idea to work with F. Even if I’m used to C, I prefer to be more accurate in the thermostat to save some energy.

But even with this, the increments of ±1F will mean that, if you set the thermostat to 69F (20.5C), it will open in 67F (19.4C) and close in 71F (21.7C), which is again ±2C overall.

In order to stay in a total of ±1C overall, my trick is to set an auto scene to turn off the relevant switch (sonoff channel1 in my case).

Example: thermostat for Channel1 set to 69F, auto scene to turn off Channel1 at 69F (effective 24h).

Channel1 opens at 67F, closes at 69F, opens again when it drops at 67F, and so on.

I use the thermostat for ON, and scene for quicker OFF.

*If I try the same scenario with C instead of F, targeting to ±1C, I come into a loop of simultaneous on/off at a certain physical temp in the room.

*You have to adjust the scene trigger temperature, if you have temp calibration effective.

What wrong happened with the web app? I have scenes (turning the heater) with the decimal temperature input. I designed it in the mobile app, based on the ZB temp sensor. I set before turn-on at 13.0C and turn-off at 13.5C. All worked perfectly, but today all settings were rounded and scenes faulted because turn-on and turn-off scenes were turning at the same temperature.
I did the temp settings 13.5 C in the mob app but it showed in the web app as 13.0 C. 1 degree is too much for temperature regulation. The system is too inertial and can’t stop heating fast.

this year or only in 2040 ?

@Daniel_Zhan

Our team is working on NSPanel optimization development, it is expected to be released in May of this year.

This is for the NS Panel @Daniel_Zhan ?

1 Like