Motion sensor added but no motions detected

No updates. :frowning:

Would you be able to submit a feedback ticket so that we can look into this further? Thank you.

It seems to be simple. Some work, some don’t. Seems you send out bad batchs. Under the right circumstances some work well enough. Some never work. My latest bad ones connect and register but never report motion. Guess, poor quality control with a marginal Zigbee design. Like them, when they work. Wish I could be more postive.

Would you mind sending us the device ID that is experiencing the issue? We will check for exceptions. Thx.

Yes, I’ll send you anything I can identify. Be precise on the information you need and where I can find it (on the device label, on the box, data while on-line???)

Please tap the device, tap “…” on the top right of the page, then scroll to the bottom of the device setting page to find the Device ID.

Unnecessary, both “bad” devices started detecting motion after setting dormant for a few days. I have no idea why. No reinstallations, zigbee updates or modifications during this period. This is a Home Assistant installation using ZHA, your dongle, mostly your switch/routers. With much trial and effort, I have managed to achieve an acceptable level of reliability with your devices. A few still drop off line occasionally requiring reinstallation. This was a new issue. Seems this is the “nature” of Zigbee. Perhaps Matter/Thread will someday be better. Thank you for your attention.

Same happened to me on the Sonoff-ZigBee bridge and the Sonoff-ZigBee motion sensor. Installed both under eWeLink app and receive no motion alert near or far, indoor. Also try my luck with a second sensor in round casing with no luck. Chance for no alert …

We have relay signal and round trip messaging here.

• the bridge doesn’t recognize the sensor signal.
  • Sonoff cloud doesn’t recognize the bridge or signal.
  • Sonoff app doesn’t recognize cloud or bridge signal.
  • merchant imitate or mistaken competition models (out of same production line differ by flashing)

If so this problem may be dealt with model number and brand (indelible) labeling control.

If no further progress I have to call off my project with these devices.

In order to better locate the issue, please submit a support ticket and provide device info in eWeLink App. Our support team will take a closer look ASAP.