I'm wondering if anyone has encountered an issue with eWeLink web. When setting up devices to be turned on/off and sending the switch status to a remote server via webhook

Hello everyone, I’m wondering if anyone has encountered an issue with eWeLink web. When setting up devices to be turned on/off and sending the switch status to a remote server via webhook, I found that the webhook only gets triggered when manually switching devices using the eWeLink app. However, if the device switch is triggered through a scene, the webhook is not sent. I’m not sure where the error is in the configuration.

Thank you.

I guess there may be some rules about scene vs webhooks, @StephenJ please check with dev-team, thanks.

Hi there,

We’ve encountered experiences in the past where multiple interconnected smart scenes can create device execution loops, potentially leading to device damage and other issues. To address this, we have implemented restrictions on smart scenes. When the result of one smart scene becomes the trigger for another smart scene, the second scene cannot be triggered.

In your case, this means that if the action of a smart scene becomes the trigger condition for a webhook scene, the webhook scene cannot be successfully triggered.

Hi there,
I hope to use a webhook to send the on/off status of the device to other platforms. If the use of the webhook is limited to only being triggered by manual control of the switch, the application will be greatly reduced. It would be even better if the webhook could carry variables when triggered, such as the username for manual triggering or the scene name for automatic triggering, which would facilitate integration. Are there any other ways to achieve this function?
Thank you.

I recommend considering the integration with IFTTT to achieve this functionality. You can connect the eWeLink service within the IFTTT app and create an applet as follows:

If
Device ON/OFF
Then
Webhook

By using this approach through IFTTT, the device ON/OFF trigger will not be limited by the rule you encountered in the eWeLink app.