Firmware 1.5.5 for Sonoff iHost is available to install

I started the upgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.6.0 and the iHost is in that stage, the front led is blinking orange, for over two hours.
How much do I have to wait?
Can I interrupt the process with turning off and on, what bad could happen?

Were you successful?

Yes, @mezeibela63 - I already commented in the other thread

Update works, tf card is also ok now. New Lab option. So far, so good. No configuration options or shell access for docker containers though,

1 Like

I am happy for you, my iHostā€™s front led is just blinking orange for hours and hours after starting the upgrade. I dontā€™t now what to do!

Unplug the power and re-enable the power. Updating usually should take max 3 minutes or so after you click the button at the webinterface of the iHost. Ater that the light will blink yellow/greenish. Then the webinterface will become unavailable. After that the front light will blink all RGB colors. At last you will hear the startup sound and the front light will return to blue.

Thankyou all I was afraid to do that but is what worked.
Now the TF card is seen, the docker is OK, the addons are there.
So far so god!

1 Like

I updated it to 1.6.0, the card is read by the ihost now, so far so good.

nevertheless, the update wasnā€™t smooth, the ihost was blinking yellow light for a long time, I unplugged it, and powered it on again.

I have a Docker Container with an available update." New version detected"
iHost offers to minimize during the download. But nothing happens.
Nothing is ever downloaded or installed.

Oh It does, eventually. I would really appreciate some sort of status or progress indication. On basically anything in the iHost.

Up two posts from cliff are moved from other topic to here to sort the relevant ones for better visible.

Seems discourse doesnā€™t handle this ā€˜post moveā€™ feature well as expected, at least add some quote sign or something to distinguish those moved in.

1 Like