Firmware 1.5.5 for Sonoff iHost is available to install

@msantacruz Yes, I know it can be done at any Linux distribution. I thought the iHost might have encrypted the SD card or so. And as far as I remember of the last time I needed to mount someting on my Raspberry Pi’s (my main Linux experience) I had to specify the used filesystem like EXT4, exFAT, etc.

I have a similar problem. It sees the card but cannot load docer

SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC-kaart 256 GB Class 10 UHS-I V30 No Go

I use an “KINGSTON SDCG3/256GB CANVAS GO PLUS 256GB MICRO SDXC CLASS 10 UHS-I U3 V30 A2” which i have to format it, after the firmware update. It’s working perfect.

for users who encountered the TF card issue (mainly class 10 cards), please try following steps:

1. with iHost powerd on and card inserted, remove the card.
  2. reboot iHost
  3. insert the card
    and see if iHost recognize the card.

Hi morne,
Can you please attach a screenshot of the Formatting demand of iHost?

Under this status in your screenshot, remove the card, reboot iHost and insert the card to see if ihost recognize the card.

It is the standard “you must format this card to use it” message. When you click on the dialogue box the little progress indicator just rotates indefinitely (I’ve left it running for hours to see what would happen).

Today I replaced the 64GB Sandisk Ultra with an Adata 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I and the iHost is working as expected so far.

I had the same issue with a Samsung Evo 64GB card in the past. Looking at the AJAX requests with the Firefox developer tools I saw the format process just times out and thus never updates the progress. In reality the card might already have been formatted, but not prepared for usage of Docker.

Thanks @yitie for the workaround. I got my iHost not for productive use, but to experiment (before eventually putting it to use). So that is what I will do. I’ll install 1.5.5 - play around - then install 1.6.0. I’ll let you know what came out.

1 Like

Nope. Then it doesn’t find the card.
"No TF card inserted (TF card needs to be inserted to use Docker function.)"

Interesting! I have two iHosts.
One (64GB card)updated smoothly. I was able to seamlessly access my installed Dockers.
The other one (128GB card) is disatrous. The card is not recognized and cannot be formatted. Tried to reformat it in Windows. Didn’t work either. This underlines the need for a backup. If future updates render the card useless, it causes major data loss.

@mezeibela63 what’s the brand and model of your card please?

It’s a Sundisk ultra 32Gb Class 10, in attachment is a picture of it.

Funny: Before 1.5.5 my 128GB SanDisk Ultra didn’t work. I had to get a 128GB SanDisk Extreme. With 1.5.5 the iHost won’t format the 128GB SanDisk Extreme, but now the 128GB SanDisk Ultra works.

Thanks for the try out and let us know, the team is coding and testing the V1.6.0 aimed to solve known issues about TF card which planned to roll out later tomorrow, hope you’d like to upgrade and let us know how’s going like always.

The compatibility of the TF card is really a tough one.

That’s why iHost should have a M.2 SSD module in it or so.
And why not use the USB port for storage? The USB port is now unused and that’s a pitty… :slightly_frowning_face:

After several tests I support @morne 's advice: This version does not bring new features. If you had major problems before, feel free and try if 1.5.5 solves those problems. Otherwise I recommend that you wait for 1.6 which will follow in a few days.

V1.6.0 was rolled out, 【Update】What's new in eWeLink CUBE V1.6.0

Please update it, have a try and let us know how it’s going, thank you guys for all your patience, understanding and collaboration wirh us.

1 Like

Thank you, @yitie - I’ll try it out immediately.