🪑 eWeLink CUBE 2.0 Update - More Changes Under the Hood

Dear eWeLink Community and especially iHost users,

We’ve noticed some mixed feedback regarding the recent release of eWeLink CUBE 2.0, and we truly appreciate your input. We understand that many of you expected more than just a revamped user interface, and we want to take a moment to explain why this update is more significant than it may initially seem.

Key Backstage Enhancements

While the most noticeable changes in CUBE 2.0 are indeed in the user interface, there are crucial improvements under the hood that will significantly enhance your experience:

\1. Improved Zigbee Compatibility: Over the past two months, we’ve put a lot of work into improving Zigbee device compatibility. Instead of just supporting third-party devices by type, CUBE now handles them based on their abilities and generates device cards as needed.

To achieve these capabilities, we have optimized data structures and even rewritten some modules, particularly for the architecture supporting more device capabilities. These are crucial underwater work.

\2. Flexibility and Customization: The first thing you’ll notice on the updated eWeLink CUBE is the new UI. Now, you can select or even define a device type for Zigbee devices. This is especially useful for compound devices. Plus, you can upload your own device pictures, making it easier to manage multiple devices without getting overwhelmed. For example, it can manage curtain drivers with sensors or certain “all-in-one” devices.

\3. Step Towards OTA (Over-the-Air) Support: The backend enhancements are a crucial step towards implementing OTA support. Although this feature is already present in the backend, we are currently refining the front-end aspect to ensure a seamless and user-friendly release in the upcoming versions.

\4. Evolution of Device Grouping: We’ve upgraded our grouping functionality to work with the new Zigbee capability changes. Now it allows grouping by device capability instead of a specific device type.

Our Path Forward

We understand the anticipation for these features and assure you that we are diligently working to bring these improvements to you as soon as possible. It’s important to note that these changes in the backend won’t be noticeable on the user interface.

The initial 1.x versions of eWeLink CUBE were essentially a migration of the eWeLink cloud to a local version. While this approach led to many device compatibility issues that were not present in the cloud. In a localized setup, users connect various brands and types of devices, which are difficult to handle. Therefore, a more flexible framework is needed to dynamically generate device UIs based on device reporting capabilities. This need is the core reason for the development of the 2.0 version.

As we move forward with the 2.x versions, the updates might not significantly change the front end immediately. However, extensive work is being done on modifying and optimizing the overall experience including add-ons and APIs.

Your patience as we finalize these updates is greatly appreciated. We value your feedback and are committed to continually enhancing the eWeLink ecosystem to meet your needs and expectations.

Please stay tuned for further updates and feel free to share any additional feedback or questions you may have. We are here to support you and ensure that your experience with eWeLink continues to improve.

Thank you for your understanding and continuous support.

Best regards,
Ward

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing these inputs, they are very welcome and brings a feel good moment to us.

1. Improved Zigbee Compatibility: Over the past two months, we’ve put a lot of work into improving Zigbee device compatibility. Instead of just supporting third-party devices by type, CUBE now handles them based on their abilities and generates device cards as needed.

Smart move, it should have added tons of new devices in a single move, well done :smiley:

If I may suggest something: could you please add those changes in the changelog as well? It could help us reduce the noise for every update and easy the sense of the future plans/developments for CUBE.

Thank you!!!

2 Likes

Hello, after upgrade to 2.0.0 the plugs do not work anymore.

Does anybody face the same problem?

Gr Rick

1 Like

On my ihost after the update 2.0.0, everything seems to be working. I haven’t noticed any problems yet.

I got 3 tuya plugs working on 1.4. after upgrade to 2.0 they do not work. I allready delete the devices en added them again

Can you downgrade to 1.4 again?

Same problem

After updating to 2.0, the bad zigbee signal handling became worse…
I have snzb02 sensors, they went offline in 2 weeks, while nothing (placement, battery) changed.Now iHost looses them every day…
The zigbee map shows somtimes switches offline, while they are online…
Does anyone face with that?

Did you manage to fix?
Is it a knows issue at ewelink?
Do sonoff plugs still work?
Please help…

The scenes also not working anymore!!!
there is motion. I see that in the log. I can switch the light manually, but the scene does nothing!!!
Please how can i go back to the previous firmware?

Rick

There is no such possibility as far as I know.

same Tuya plug? Can you tell us the specific model?

@rick.ekkelboom

Have you tried pair them both with the CUBE pilot feature on and off?

I am afraid no; the backup/restore is still in technical research phase

Please send us the system log via feedback and send me the ticket.
We’ll look into it ASAP.

What is cube pilot? where can i turn it on and off?

Rick

Hello Suika, I send you the feedback en the logging from the socket

This is the ticketnr

Regards Rick

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006609793524.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.71.4da55e5bMmrO1q&gatewayAdapt=glo2fra

This is the device i use

Regards Rick

1 Like

Yes I Tried that,
It did not make any difference.

Regards Rick

Manufacturer: _TZ3000_gjnozsaz
Model: TS011F

Manufacturer: _TZ3000_w0qqde0g
Model: TS011F
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005005616278930.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.43.5c003696cMJcmU&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

Both of them are recognized but not working.