Control TRVZB from NSPanel

Hi I recently purchased two TRVZB devices from sonoff and i wanted to connect them to the thermostat widget in my NSPanel So when i change the temperature setting on there it reflects this on the TRVZB devices however when i go to set this up it seems to want to turn a specific relay on rather than allowing me to select the valves to open.

Im pretty new to all the sonoff stuff so please tell me if im stupid.
Thanks.

Unfortunately, you will be disappointed. With NSPanel, this is not possible. Probably because the firmware has not been updated for many months. The guys at eWeLink have clearly shelved NSPanel. It’s a shame, because there is a lot of potential in this device, as you can see by looking at the project from the Home Assistant group. @yitie Let’s hope they haven’t buried NSPanel and that they come back to the project with something firing and surprising users :sparkler:
If you want control of the TRVZB from the panel, go down the path of the mentioned project or get NSPanel Pro. Sorry, Winnetou :man_shrugging:

Hi Jam Thanks for the response its a shame because i love the NSPanel theyre so furturistic but never the less the world moves on i guess ill be purchasing an NSPanel Pro and putting these originals somewhere else in my house for now.

That’s what I did :sunglasses:

1 Like

@ward Some time has passed. Let me return to the topic. What are the chances of adding Sonoff TRVZB support to NSPanel? Because If close to zero or planned for the indefinite future, I will look around for tools to change the firmware. The warranty is already over, the risk is low. I will lose eWeLink Remote support but will gain HA integration and the ability to control TRVZB. It is ironic, by the way.

I recommend controlling the TRVZB via the NSPanel Pro. The NSPanel Pro is built in a Zigbee coordinator, so you can directly add the TRVZB to NSPanel Pro.

If we add the TRVZB to NSPanel, the controlling route will go through the cloud instead of “local control”. NSPanel – cloud server – Zigbee hub – TRVZB. That’s why we do not implement this feature yet.

This is what I do.

It’s all right with me. The thermostat function available in NSPanel works this way, right? But you did implement it anyway. What’s the difference?

The whole eWeLink Remote Control works via the cloud, and this is much more annoying and causes more problems.

I think reliability is important for the thermostat control, the NSPanel integrates two relays that can be connected to a cooler or heater, if the temperature reaches the target, the relay turns on/off, and it works in the “Local” way. Referring to the controlling of the TRVZB, it only works in a “cloud” way.

In a supporting role, NSPanel will perform brilliantly. After all, it is not about apothecary precision. I could quickly check the status of TRVZB. For the time being, the NSPanel acts as a rather expensive gadget to wow visitors in my kitchen. There’s a forecast, a temperature and humidity sensor reading and two buttons to play with. Usability moderate, given the description on the Sonoff website promising whistles and bells. There was supposed to be a carrousel and there is a see-saw.