[Alexa related issue]Sonoff devices are automatically and randomly turning off

My Device ID are those.
100128e18a
100128dc2c
1001288d5c

1 Like

My sonoff geyser breaker switch, is just going crazy since the 25 March :man_shrugging:

Unlinked Alexa and connected echo to another network but still hapenning.

The truth is that it’s getting complicated I have a 2.4 network for all sonoff devices, another 5ghz for the rest of the devices and a guest network separate from the lan network for an Alexa speaker, and the problems continue.

It would be interesting to be able to try a version earlier than 3.6.0 even if it had a higher numbering

To see what is solved and what is not.

Please upgrade the firmware to 3.7.3 first, and let me know if the issue exists.

May i know the device ID and the exactly time of device abnormal?

Some users have notified that because of some router design issues (routing table isolation), echo and other smart devices are still connected on the LAN, even though different SSIDs are assigned.
Please try to power off echo to see if the issue still exists.

May i know the device ID that in your screenshots?
And please isolate your echo speakers to a different network as solution for temporary.

Referring to your case, it is another issue that is not the same as this topic reported, please submit feedback via eWeLink APP or submit a ticket in the ITEAD support system, thanks.

Some users have notified that because of some router design issues (routing table isolation), echo and other smart devices are still connected on the LAN, even though different SSIDs are assigned.
Please try to power off echo to see if the issue still exists.

We are working with the Alexa team to trace this device random OFF issue, we have located the root and aimed to fix it in THIS week , and users don’t need to do any modification or configuration.

10013bb9f1

Please update the firmware to the latest 3.7.3 first, and let me know if the issue exists.

For this breaker switch this is the latest version available.

Checked, sorry i mixed up, i think it’s not the same issue related to Alexa, please check if any timer or automations you setted which may cause this issue, and i will check with dev-team to dig deep at same time.

The Devices ID are:

1000bc9841 started to happen at 8.14pm, today (27/03) and happened few times.
100033432e started to happen at 9.48 am, today (27/03) and happened few times.

I noticed that it looks to restart because it triggers ‘Device-Power-On state’. I have configured to be off in settings.

When it Powers off, it takes like 10 to 15 seconds to be able to turn on again via ewelink app.

I have both echo and dot connected to extenders, should i change it?

Hey pedroo, i think the following step will mitigate this issue,
1, Please upgrade the firmware for device 1000bc9841 & 100033432e to the latest version, it would be 3.7.3,

2, Please try to power off the Alexa echo speakers and see whether this issue still going on, or you can remove the Alexa echo speakers from the network and observe the behavior of products,

3, If everything back to normal after 2 is done, there are two options here,
NO 1, Try to isolate your echo speakers from other smart home devices with different network, like assign a specific SSID for echo speakers, some network and router acknowledgement needed,
NO 2, Keep echo speakers powered off until Alexa fixed this, we are pushing them to get it done in this week.

I have had the same problem with 3 devices for about a month now. I’ve taken them out of service and just checked them last week and they still shut themselves down.

I tried putting the Alexa devices on their own separate network as well as assigning fixed ip addresses to the switches but that did not stop the problem. The devices with this problem are one S20, one S26 and one Sonoff Basic. They were all on the latest firmware and had previously operated for years without any problem.

I suspect the problem is something to do with using wifi extenders. The 3 switches I had the problem with were in two rooms where I was using extenders. The extenders were set to use the router’s ssid and password (2.4Ghz). At one stage I was getting 10-15 intervals when all switches in one of these rooms would not respond using ewelink - on switching off the extender this delay problem was solved.

1 Like

Dose the issue mitigate when you unplug all the echo speakers?
We have found as long as echo and smart devices are on the same LAN, it will cause this.

I’ll give that a try and let you know

Thanks, and we will having a meeting with Alexa team tomorrow to discuss how to fix this issue based on what we have found.