4CHPROR3 reacts to unpaired buttons

Update from me, I had to de-solder the cristal from the board so the RF feature does not function (force break it) as indicated by previous comment. @jam3
Desperate attempt to make use of the device at least with its WiFi control.
Not ideal but better than nothing.
I also contacted itead customer services to escalate the problem and the solution I got was for them to send me a fixed 4CHPRO R3 but I had to pay postage (which was not too cheap). Let’s see if the new unit works as expected.

I suggest you all also escalating the issue to customer services. The more the merrier. And @morgan is completely right and once I have my setup working back as I needed I will battle the reimbursement of all costs associated. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

My case with customer support went basically the same (including the expensive shipping).
But I can happily report that the new units I received work as intended no longer triggered by unpaired buttons. I have no idea what might have changed on the board and firmware is supposedly the same.
The only differences I could find were inclusion of chinese letters on the outside cover and one number on the pcb changed but I have no idea what that number represents. Otherwise they are identical to me.
I have a use-case for the “faulty” units so overall I am not happy but content enough.
Faulty on the left newer one on the right:

Hello friend I had a similar problem with a generic 4ch ewelink board and I am almost sure that the problem is the firmware 3.7.6 because the board until before the update worked perfect, after the update everything works but the relays stopped making noise and change of this as well as the light that indicated when the relay was on or paid, however at the application level everything seems to work perfect.
Does anyone have a suggestion for a solution?