Zigbee Bridge Ultra - run cloud scenes on it - how?

I have 1 x iHost and 2 x new Zigbee Bridge Ultra.

Some of my scenes can’t be run on iHost as developers didn’t make it possible.

Zigbee Bridge Ultra can run the scenes.

What is the proper way to make some scenes done in eWeLink Android app run on Zigbee Bridge Ultra ?

So far the only thing I learned is that Zigbee Bridge Ultra must be included in the scene as device. So I add Zigbee Bridge Ultra to sound 1s alarm when scene will be executed.

Is this the only way to make cloud made scenes run on Zigbee Bridge Ultra ???

There is no such way, as the scenes are performed in the cloud (logic) and Zigbee Bridge Ultra only brokers the connected devices. It is transparent in this process unless it participates as a device and performs an action.

And how does the PRO version do it?

Does what? What do you have on mind?

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood… what was going through my head was the local scenes that Pro supposedly has.
But now I’m guessing that they probably need to be created locally on the device, they won’t be downloaded from the cloud and used when there is no Internet. :slight_smile:

Did Sonoff lied to us ???

Screenshot 2024-06-26 165823

Because for me it sounds like Bridge Ultra can run the scenes.

Also… using android app you have option to create scenes directly on the device.

I tried it… but if device is not the part of the scene, then this scene will not appear under Bridge Ultra scenes list.

From other way… if I create scene using android app and Bridge Ultra is included in this scene. Then this scene will appear under this device scenes tab.

This is confusing because Sonoff information are suggesting that this device will run scenes better than previous generation because it have better hardware specs.

But how? You need a frontend that this bridge doesn’t offer as far as I know. Or am I wrong and it has an interface of its own?

I don’t know.

But why give much better tech spec for Bridge Ultra and suggest that it will improve how it works if not for running scenes (at least taking some part of the automaton work)

Actually Bridge Ultra have (if I remember correctly) similar of the same spec like base version of iHost.

So Bridge Ultra would be capable to run scenes.

Honestly, I doubt it would be organised that way. Maybe the marketing department got carried away with the imagination? You have to ask eWeLink/Sonoff.

Please check this video

Bridge Ultra is like base version of iHost.

PS.
No I didn’t asked Sonoff yet. Just reported other problems related to iHost and waiting for their response.

Bridge Ultra is next on my list to ask them.

I am familiar with this video. The creator of the NotEnoughTech website is notorious for drawing hasty conclusions. He has found hardware similarities but this does not automatically mean similarities in functionality. The opinions presented in the video are only his ideas about the potential capabilities of the equipment under evaluation. I am afraid that they do not necessarily correspond to Sonoff’s plans.

‘Is like’ does not mean that ‘it is’. The eWeLink guys have repeatedly explained the differences between ZBBridge and ZBBridge Pro, and explained that it’s all about the computing power needed for efficient operation. ZBBridge U takes this to an even higher level and offers support for Matter (including Thread). The processor on board will meet all performance expectations by a wide margin. Therefore, it does not seem to be about a headless hub or server device with a CUBE-type system on board. I don’t know Sonoff/eWeLink’s plans for ZBBridge U, but I don’t think it’s about offering iHost in a simplified version, because for what purpose exactly?

1 Like

I know what do you mean regarding this YT channel.

I just used it because it show inside of Bridge U.

I also got your point regarding how Sonoff cloud works.

But… there is a lots of unexplained things and maybe someone from Sonoff should step in and give us some answers.

What do you need to explain?

let me intervene in your professional conversation. I am generally weak in this topic and various videos in an unfamiliar language did not give me any useful information. Please explain the following - what is the difference between “zb bridge pro” and “zb bridge u” besides hardware? Will the “u” version perform local scenes like the previous model with zb devices and matter devices? What other advantages besides computing power and matter support? I understand that to get the right answer, you need to ask the right question. But as I wrote, I’m weak in this.

Previous models do not perform scenes locally. Will the U version do this? I don’t think so but that’s the question to Sonoff/eWeLink guys.

Pro is advertised as having local scenes but only for zigbee devices… Are they lying? :slight_smile:

How should I know?
Read this well: The local smart scene always works well even Wi-Fi is disconnected. Built-in high-precision local RTC, a short power outage will not affect the time synchronization. Time schedule can return work once power restoration.

1 Like

The Sonoff Zigbee Bridge Ultra is a fairly expensive device, priced at over $70 including VAT in the manufacturer’s shop and outside of promotional offers, but its advanced hardware specifications seem to justify this price. The device, while heavily advanced for a Zigbee bridge, has the potential for future expansions with new features through software updates. It is not yet known what the software updates might include, perhaps support for the Thread protocol, perhaps compatibility with third-party devices, we shall see.
BTW, don’t you think that regular forum participants should get promotional codes for new devices? After all, we serve as testers :cyclone:

2 Likes

Yes we should or free VIP plan. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I believe that the target audience for this off-the-shelf solution is Sonoff users who simply want a Zigbee to Matter Bridge for Sonoff and eWelink-branded devices, as a way to proxy these devices to Matter-compatible gateways/hubs/controllers, such as those supporting the Amazon Alexa, Google Home, Apple Home or SmartThings ecosystems. As for now, it doesn’t sound like you can add Matter devices to the ZBBridge-U itself, so it only acts as a bridge/proxy/converter/translator or whatever you fancy to call it.