Work-around scenes for poorly performing SNZB-06P Presence Sensor?

My own tests show that the SNZB-06P simply does not work. You can be sitting 1.5m away from the sensor, and the sensor will register no presence after a few minutes, so it’s pretty useless in any environment (like my living room) where you want the lights to remain on even if someone is sitting still.*

However, maybe there is some way we can create a scene to work around this issue? Maybe something like this would work when turning the light off in a room:

IF SNZB-06P register no presence…

…then wait 5 minutes…

If SNZB-06P still registers no presence…

…then turn off the light.

Is there any way to do this (or something like it) using eWelink for SmartThings?

*–Even Sonoff seem to agree with this as they have turned off product reviews on their sales page!

1 Like

В мене теж великі проблеми з цим датчиком. Він або не помічає мою присутність, або навпаки постійно реєструє присутність коли в приміщенні нікого нема. Можливо хтось з експертів підкаже, чи можна очікувати виправлення данної проблеми через оновлення прошивки ??? Бо гроші викинуті на вітер !!!

Possible… What variables does 06P offer in ewelink, On/Off?, show screenshot from IF…

I am using the sensor for bathroom light on/off automation. It may be triggered by my pets or small moving things (I once spotted a gecko LOL). But it never failed to detect my presence.

Have you tried to update it? I think Sonoff has been updating it for a better experience. If it is really that bad, why not raise a ticket in their support deck and see if there is something wrong with your install or the hardware itself?

fully updated and been exchanging emails with support, but they don’t seem very interested…and it’s not like I’m alone, loads of videos of people with exact same issue. it’ll work in a bathroom situation where you walk in/walk out. but sitting down still in front of it, and after a while, you’re invisible

Hi, if it is this case.

The workaround would be similar to a motion sensor like turning on the light for 5mins on detection then turn it off. So there would be a five min window you got chance to trigger it again and refresh the on-state of that light.

But I still suspect there’s something wrong with the sensor install position/hardware glitch. Because even it is used for a bathroom, as I usually sit still on toilet for minutes it never failed :thinking:.

Hope it would help

Similar situation. Some people solved the problem by adjusting the position.
Try adjusting the position of the device, such as placing it at a height of about 1.5m, and pointing straight ahead. btw, avoid facing metal objects.

В мене наступна ситуація. Розпізнає присутність без проблем, але коли я відсутній продовжує бачити навіть коли мене нема на протязі різного часу. Може побачити відсутність через 5 хвилин, може через 10, а може і через 30 хвилин. Кожного разу інакший час.
Поясніть будь ласка за що відповідає пункт " тривалість виявлення " ? Я поставив на 15 секунд. І я через не правильну роботу пристрою неможна зрозуміти алгоритм його роботи. Через який час він після відсутності людини розпізнає її відсутність і вимикає пристрій ?

1 Like