Motion detected... FOREVER (Human Presence Sensor SNZB-06P)

Regardless of the sensitivity set, the device detects movement in the room and never switches off again, even though there are no people, animals, lights, LED indicators in the room…

2 Likes

To which zigbee gateway did you add the SNZB-06P human presence sensor?. Maybe you have a poor connection to the gateway? place the sensor close to the zigbee gateway. Check the sensor settings (after how long it should report absence). Set the value to 1 minute.
the presence sensor can also detect the presence of a person through the wall. stand behind the sensor at a distance greater than 4 meters and wait 2 minutes. the sensor should report no presence.

My Sonoff passive infrared motion sensors also do this occasionally. Oddly they seem to start working but I’ve no idea why. Repairing and changing battery seems to not work. On one sensor I’ve actually given up and moved it to a Home Assistant Zigbee2MQTT network and it’s worked straight away. Suggests to me it’s not the distal hardware but rather the coordinator of the network. What are you connecting it to? A Zigbee Bridge Pro?

I hope that the firmware update will include a ‘very low sensitivity’ option for small rooms. I solved the problem temporarily.The PIR motion sensor turns the light on and the absence of presence turns it off. This solution is more expensive because you have to use two sensors, but it works perfectly. The light does not turn on unnecessarily.
This will not work for everyone if the sensor does not report the absence of presence because it constantly detects someone behind the wall.

1 Like

When the SNZB-06P sensor is very close to a light source it always indicates human presence, even when there is no one near the sensor. Has someone experienced this malfunction?

1 Like

My case is always had person present, but it is not.

Some ghost energy?

It is working like stupid motion not human detection