· ZigBee temperature and humidity sensors

· ZigBee water leak detection sensors

· ZigBee bulbs

· ZigBee switches

· SONOFF THR3

· SONOFF POWR316D/POWR320D

1. Home Assistant Scenes&Automations for WiFi and ZigBee bulbs

----EALIER POST----

eWeLink add-on V1.3.1 for Home Assistant and sync ZigBee end-sensors bridged by NSPanle Pro to Home Assistant supported

• Update some device API
  • Fix some API bugs

Control your eWeLink supported devices via Home Assistant, LAN and Cloud.

Please note this add-on is NOT a regularly updated service like the eWeLink APP and others, basically based on the user’s feedback and request, feel free to let’s know your ideas and suggestion just in this thread of topic of our forum.

With all respect to the open source community, we have also made the source code of the front and back ends openly available for your reference.

- [FrontEnd] GitHub - CoolKit-Technologies/ha-addon-frontEnd
- [BackEnd] GitHub - CoolKit-Technologies/ha-addon-backEnd

Preparatory

· Following the guidance from the Home Assistant official site, installing the Home Assistant on the system you choose, and running the Home Assistant OS on a Raspberry Pi or a local server is recommended.

· Your eWeLink account and password

· eWeLink / SONOFF devices added to the above account via the eWeLink APP

• The guidance below is based on Home Assistant 2022.8.7 run on a Raspberry Pi 3B(32-bit), other systems should be similar, but we Haven’t tested.
  • Some users run Home Assistant on a docker container, some tips may help smooth this progress, please refer to them at the end of this tutorial.

Get started

· Install the eWeLink add-on

Start up the Home Assistant and log in with the account you created, install eWeLink add-on by following the steps,

On the homepage of Home Assistant, left sidebar, settings —> Add-ons —> add-on store (on the bottom right corner) —> top right corner to manage add-on repositories —> add eWeLink add-on from GitHub by using the link below and following the guidance steps to finish the installation.

settings —> Add-ons

—> add-on store (on the bottom right corner)

Top right corner to manage add-on repositories —> add eWeLink add-on from GitHub by using the link below and following the guidance steps to finish the installation.

Close the toast you will see the eWeLink add-on showed up on the store page, click the add-on and install it.

· Run the eWeLink add-on and control devices from web UI

Start the add-on after the installation, ‘auto update’ and ‘show in sidebar’ toggles enabled are also recommended.

Visit the WebUI of the add-on after starting by tapping ‘OPEN WEB UI or the ‘eWeLink smart home’ menu in the left sidebar, and login with your eWeLink account to pull the devices here.

· Devices under the same router with the Home Assistant and meanwhile LAN mode enabled may be discovered automatically before your login.

· Some devices may not be controllable because they are not supported by the add-on yet.

· Sync eWeLink supported devices to Home Assistant entities and dashboard

Supported devices sync to Home Assistant entities list automatically after you login, and you need to manually tap ‘Sync Lovelace Card’ on the top right corner of the webUI to make the entities displayed in the dashboard/overview, then entities will be sorted in Home Assistant, like switch and light card, customize your favorite dashboard following the guidance from Home Assistant or search the tutorials in the Home Assistant community at https://community.home-assistant.io.

Wall switches, outlets, light bulbs, light strips, and ZigBee sensors are supported now like SONOFF devices are supported now, but some features of multi-functional devices may not be supported due to the limitations of the Home Assistant add-on capabilities, but since eWeLink is an IoT solution provider may as you know, there are thousands of OEM partners who make their own devices by using eWeLink’s solution even modified the solution to fit their own needs, not all of them be supported by this add-on and tested yet.

We post the tested devices here for your reference, welcome to add your test devices and cases in this topic thread.

MORE info

· Only the devices in the currently selected home in the eWeLink APP will be shown in the add-on WebUI and Home Assistant dashboard after login.

· Shared devices in the supported types will be pulled into Home Assistant entities also, which means those entities are controllable from the dashboard.

· Entities will be added in the default or first dashboard of your Home Assistant Lovelace, customizing them as you like.

· Entities can’t be edited like change entity ID, and can’t be removed due to the limitations of the add-on way.

·There hasn’t REST API for entity delete, hoping Home Assistant adds this part later.

Troubleshooting

· Devices aren’t shown up in the HA dashboard.

· Tap the ‘Sync Lovelace Card’ to sync manually if the devices aren’t shown up in the Home Assistant dashboard.

· Device isn’t controllable from the WebUI

· If the device isn’t controllable from the WebUI or toggle failure, please try to login to the add-on again or restart it.

· How to use eWeLink devices in Home Assistant “Scenes" and “Automation"?

Devices integrated via REST API and WebSocket API (add-on) can only be mapped as Entities nor Devices within the restrictions of Home Assistant, so a few more setup steps are needed to achieve.

· 1 **)**Enable “Advanced Mode” of Home Assistant (Home page left sidebar → User Profile → Advanced Mode)
· 2 **)**Create a “Scene” with eWeLink entities first, and then select “Activate Scene” in “Automation” under “Action-> Action Type".

· Tips for docker users

- Currently, port forwarding is not supported, please make sure that port 3000 is idle.

1. git clone https://github.com/CoolKit-Technologies/ha-addon.git
  2. cd ha-addon/eWeLink_Smart_Home/
  3. docker build . -t ewelink_smart_home
  4. Run the code below. Replace yourHomeAssistantUrl with your current Home Assisant URL.
docker run -d \
    --restart=always \
    --network host \
    -e HA_URL=yourHomeAssistantUrl \
    -e SUPERVISOR_TOKEN=yourHomeAssitantLongLivedAccessToken \
    ewelink_smart_home
  • Example:
  docker run -d \
  --restart=always \
  --network host \
  -e HA_URL=http://192.168.1.100:8123 \
  -e SUPERVISOR_TOKEN=eyJ~iJ9.eyJ~jF9.CkQ~Lho
  ewelink_smart_home
  1. Access port 3000.
2 Likes

hello, is it possible to integrate the sensor DW2-L wi-fi in the next version of the add-on?

Forward to dev-team to evaluate, will get back to you if scheduled, for now, S40 series is on the list.

1 Like

I always get “Get device list failed” I did the docker as shown. I can log and everything but always get that, on the logs I get the following (hidden sensitve information)

ewelink_smart_home@1.0.0 start /workspace
node index.js
2023-01-19T07:33:23.253Z [INFO] server is running at 3000
2023-01-19T07:33:23.271Z [INFO] Finding local eWeLink devices…
2023-01-19T07:33:23.279Z [INFO] initCkApi loginParams: {“lang”:“en”,“countryCode”:“+52”,“password”:“?”,“email”:“?”}
2023-01-19T07:33:23.438Z [INFO] Found LAN enhanced plug
2023-01-19T07:33:23.587Z [INFO] Found LAN enhanced plug
2023-01-19T07:33:24.747Z [INFO] initCkApi result: {“error”:0,“msg”:“”,“data”:{“user”:{“timezone”:{“offset”:-6},“accountLevel”:10,“countryCode”:“?”,“email”:“?”,“apikey”:“c20?”,“accountConsult”:false,“appForumEnterHide”:true,“appVersion”:“4.29.1”,“denyRecharge”:false,“ipCountry”:“MX”},“at”:“?”,“rt”:“?”,“region”:“us”}}
2023-01-19T07:33:24.748Z [INFO] relogin success
(node:21) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: ReferenceError: process_1 is not defined
at /workspace/middleware/redirectToAuth.js:73:23

Our engineer is on testing now, need some time to verify to see what’s going on.
frankly speaking, we didn’t verify docker install mode throughoutly as Raspberry Pi.

I have device with esphome firmware mounted on esp nodeMCU. It show switch entity on homeassistant but the addon not control it because offline, why?

Hi, when do we expect the Sonoff 01MINIZB to be compatible with eWeLink Add-on for HA? (It is the MINIZB V1.2) The addon is aware of the device, but showing “Device is not supported currently”.

Hi i cant seems to understand what you trying to say. here.

I’m trying to add Home Assistant Devices into Ewelink and control from Ewelink app.

I have added Scenes in HomeAssistant.

But for the Automation:
Trigger = ?
Action = Call Service : Scene: Activate

What is the trigger for the Automation?

Hi Teki,

I have installed Home Assistant container via Docker in iHost.

How to install this add-on via Docker in iHost?

1 Like

Hi,
is there any new information?
I have the same problem.
At the moment Home Assistant is running via Docker in ihost. But there is no way to install the eWeLink add-on. Unfortunately HACS doesn’t work, otherwise you could install it via it.

try this: https://youtu.be/OhugPsohwjE
you may use the SONOFF LAN add-on: GitHub - AlexxIT/SonoffLAN: Control Sonoff Devices with eWeLink (original) firmware over LAN and/or Cloud from Home Assistant

But that will allow us to control Ewelink Devices into Home Assistant, but what if I want to do basically the opposite?

I have some devices connected into HA, that I want to sync into Ewelink. The SonoffLAN integration is not allowing to do that if I’m not mistaken. In order to do this, we need the Addon working into the IHost.

Am I right?

Thanks!

For now there’s no such add-on, but you can do that with Node-RED,

HA device – Node-RED – iHost

refer to this: https://youtu.be/SK4EtCqhWY8
create a virtual device in iHost to link with HA device

But I think that this is what it is being described here right: How SONOFF Works with Home Assistant - SONOFF Official?

Within the “4. Sync Home Assistant Devices to eWeLink App” section.

yes you were right, you can sync HA devices to eWeLink app refer to the link you sent.
(I got it wrong, I thought you’d sync HA devices to iHost)

That’s the problem though, that we want to install this add-on in IHost, but the add-on is not working on it.

My current setup is:

• I have an Ihost and NSPanel Pro
  • I’ve installed home Assistant docker version within IHost
  • I just want to sync the HA devices into the Ewelink App, so I can expose them into the NSPanelPro.

The problem comes when I try to install the Ewelink Addon (the add-on that is mentioned on the link on my latest comment), that it is not working on IHost.

Thanks!

I’ll do some check and test later, thank you for the feedback

1 Like

Hey @Teki , did you manage to get something?

On my side, I’m trying with all the docker images that are available on the ihost related to this add-on, and even if I set the proper configuration based on this GitHub - CoolKit-Technologies/ha-addon, the container exit just after running it.

Any good news on your side?

Thanks!