NSPanel - control iFan4 fan speeds

I don’t understand why the thermostat on the nspanel can conrol misc switches - but does not see the fan controllers I have in my house… most of the reason I got it - was to control my ceiling fan - which it for some reason doesnt even see…

1 Like

I would agree with this, we have ceiling fans in all the rooms and would like these activated by widget screen

2 Likes

are you saying that just the thermostat section of the NSPanel won’t control the iFAN04 or the NSPanel is not compatible with the ifan04 at all?

well - the thermostat section - I mean thats a very basic feature I would think would work.

the other frustration i have since discovered is the temperature resolution on the NS-Panel - it only works in 1 degree celsius increments - making it difficult to set fine control using normal scenes based on its temp input - without it flip-flopping between on and off (unless I leave a 1degree dead spot in the temp - which doesnt seem reasonable at the cost o the panel - knowing how cheap temp sensors are that have much finer resolution)

I am happy enough with most of my sonoff products - but the NS panel is in my view a total waste… especially given the lack of updates etc. Even in its current state -I believe it has a lot more potential - but it feels like Sonoff have no interest in this device.

Ok cool thanks, I just need it to turn the fan on and off, right now I’m using switches I bought on Amazon and they aren’t lasting a year I’ve replaced 3 of the six i bought and another is going bad, so I ordered a iFAN04 and I have a nspanal that I was going to install.

Thanks

1 Like

The best control I have over that at the moment is in my lounge - with a temp and humidity sensor, and a motion sensor. But thats not without its issues - the motion sensor seems to eat batteries, which makes it borderline pointless unless you are willing to McGuyver another sort of power solution to the thing (which is something I am testing in my kitchen).

I’ve also created a ticket asking why I can’t use something light light state on the ifan as a part of the trigger section in a scene - as a rudimentary presence detection… if fan light on, and temp >x set fan to y… (but currently if you select a fan element as a trigger, then you are unable to select that same fan as an action output… which seems needlessly limiting)

I had the same questions about the temp/Humidity sensors if you set them a a trigger then you couldn’t use them as the action. The ticket i submitted to support said that it will be changed on a future update, so hopefully this will be too.

1 Like