Motion sensors and Smart Switches

Hi,

I have motion sensors in a ll the bedrooms. when i enter a room the smart light switch turns on.
When i leave the room, the smart light switch turns off.

when my wife goes to bed, i dont want the motion sensor to activate the smart light switch she can use alexa. 20:00-06:30.

can i automate “when it is 20:00 is home, disable motion senor until 06:00”

However, when i get home in the morning from work, i dont want the motion sensor in my room to activate the smart light switch when i am sleeping from 08:00-19:00.

i am struggling to to create a proper scene because sometimes the smart light switch turns on for a second and turns off. because of this i just deactivate the scene totally.

i have also looked into inching. how can incing help in this scenarios.

I wish there is an automation geofencing to say “when bob is home, disable motion senor until 19:00”

Can someone please help me out

motion sensor off normal

motion sensor on normal

When wife is asleep

Thank you

I’m sure that there are others here more knowledgeable than I on these scenes, but I’ve been programming Home Automation scenes for awhile.

Now on to the questions.

1. “While Wife is Sleeping” I don’t think you need a separate scene for this. You already have the motion detected scene only active between 06:30 - 20:00, so between 20:00 - 06:30 motion detected won’t trigger the light switch.

2. “When you’re sleeping” Just create a scene for you with the ‘Effective Period’ for the Motion detected scene to between 19:00 - 08:00. I would also set the ‘effective period’ for the no motion detected scene to 24 hours.

If I’ve misunderstood your needs and you need a scene for both You and the wife, post back and I’m sure someone can figure it out.

I have done this and it has really helped thanks for taking your time to help. I am :pray: grateful.