Level up Your Home Automation with eWeLink Scenes & Drop Your Suggestions Here!

When it comes to eWeLink scene, we know how important it is to automate our home. With the release of eWeLink App V4.24, more options are available. For example, Stop option is available to Dual R3/Dual R3 Lite. It can be set as a Condition or Action. Also, TH16 can be added to Action.

These features are originated from users’ suggestions. If you have any suggestions to add more options in eWeLink Scene, feel free to let us know in the comments! More possibilities from more suggestions and ideas!

I live in South Africa, where we often have rolling blackouts, called Load Shedding, where certain blocks get turned off for 2 to 4 hours at a time, to preserve our ailing electrical grid from collapse. As a direct result I have had to install solar and battery backup to get me through a blackout. So, when a blackout occurs, I would need a scene triggered on the Online/Offline status of a device connected directly to the municipal grid.

The idea is as follows:

Scene 1:

1. Blackout starts
  2. Device connected to mains goes offline
  3. After 5min (for instance) trigger scene “Blackout”
  4. Turn off Smart plugs connected to high energy appliance (like kettles)

Scene2:

1. Blackout is over
  2. Device Connected to mains goes Online
  3. After 5min (for instance) trigger scene “Power Restored”
  4. Turn on smart plugs connected to high energy appliance (like kettles)

So, basically, using a Sonoff device as a smart contactor.

4 Likes

Check this out, it seems to have been made for your scenario:
Sonoff Smart Load Shedding Sensor | Sonoff Africa

I would like to have some flag or something similar in a scene configuration that indicates an aggregation condition. I will explain, when you set up a scene to turn on one or more lights using SPanel Pro, to turn it off you need to create another scene that turns off the lights. So far so good, the point is that in SPanel Pro, both scenes are displayed. If it were possible to aggregate them, clicking on the scene would turn on the lights and clicking again would turn off the lights. This behavior occurs when you turn a device on or off.

Hi Chris, thank you so much for this cool idea! It would be a nice addition to our features. We have noted it down and brought it to our team.

My ‘wishlist’ contains among others:

*A repeat/loop structure.
Use case: The Motion sensor detects movement. I would like as a form of ‘alarm’ all lights to go on and off for
let’s say 5 minutes, or 35 times or whatever loop. These should be settings in the Scene-dashboard.

*Random time-interval, eg linked to sunset.
Use case: When on holiday it is easy to schedule lights on or off AT A FIXED TIME, or even Sunset+some
delay. I would like something like 'sunset + or - a random number of minutes (e.g. between -30 and 30)

Hi there, adding looping actions to the Scene sounds cool. Currently, we can add multiple Delays to the action, so when the motion sensor detects movements, the light will be turned on and then off in several minutes or seconds.
Previously, we post an instruction article similar to the scenario you mentioned.
We’ll note down your ideas first. We will keep you posted if there is any plan to implement them. Thank you so much for the ideas.

I though about applying exactly this… Then I realized that
device offline is not the same as device off :expressionless:

Hahaha, they’re actually different status of the device. Device off means power off while offline indicates that your device loses network connection to our cloud server. :rofl:

Hi.
Is it possible to add power-on state options THRxxx series to set auto mode and maybe switch to auto mode when offline?
After a power outage, the internet service provider’s system and devices start working in about 30-60 minutes, until then there is no cloud-based scene control and remote monitoring…
If it comes back on: it may overheat, if it is off, the apartment may cool down.
In auto mode, however, it could heat according to the settings…

Hi Gabba63, the auto mode works only when the device is online. When the outage occurs, the device will be offline. Device offline means the device itself has lost the network connection. In this case, the device is not able to receive any commands or execute any actions.

But we will see if the hardware side can do some improvement to avoid overheating.

THR316D

The state of return after power failure can be selected: ON / OFF / LAST STATUS…

At that time, the device is still offline, because it starts up immediately when power is applied, while the other elements of the network will not be fully operational for a while.

Is it not possible to insert a fourth state here: AUTO MODE - START AUTO (it is not enough to just put it in auto mode, it must also be started)?

I thought the auto mode switching settings - among other things - are stored in the device…

Power-one state is stored in the device, but auto mode is actually stored in the cloud server. The reason why the auto mode is stored in the cloud is that, the hardware team evaluates the capabilities of the device and decide that the auto mode should be stored in the cloud server.
Generally speaking, it requires higher standards as well as higher cost for the device, if too much data is stored in the device itself.

THR316D

The request/comment was that if the device loses its connection to the Internet (e.g. due to a power outage), it should switch to automatic mode after the power returns and continue to work based on the settings stored on the device. In other words, choosing and starting the AUTOMATIC mode should be included among the power on state options…

Unfortunately, the device becomes completely inoperable without an internet connection (I tested it with Wi-Fi switched off on the router), it does not work in AUTOMATIC mode either.

If, on the other hand, there is an internet connection, then the cloud-based scenes turn off the AUTOMATIC settings, then the AUTOMATIC settings are switched back on, then the cloud-based scenes turn them off and an endless cycle is complete… (until now I thought that the cloud-based scenes in MANUAL mode they just work, but I was wrong).

However, if cloud-based scenes are disabled, AUTOMATIC MODE can be started.

So, in order for the device to do its programmed work independently, without supervision, you need cloud-based supervision, only there you have to turn off all scenes.

In other words, AUTOMATIC MODE makes no sense.

I think it’s a bug… and so my suggestion loses its meaning, if only this loop-causing bug isn’t fixed.

Sorry, my English is based on Google translate… :slight_smile:

I would like to be able to use the PIR3 “no motion detcted” option to trigger only if no motion is detected for a sustained amount of time…

my use case - movie room - sometimes I leave, and don’t come back - so if there is no motion for 90 minutes, switch things off…

Problem is that the “delay” doesnt clear once no motion is detected, so if I am still for a few minutes, the scene triggers, and even though motion was detected again in the room, and I am still there, things will still shut down in say 90 minutes.

If there is a way to achieve this currently - please let me know :slight_smile:

(also - for the delay, why can there not be hours and minutes and seconds? it feels limiting the way it is now, and also not being able to have more than 1 delay in a row further limits things)

It would also be useful to be able to copy a scene - if you have similar tasks where only small portions are different… eg. I have an all off scene, I would like to create an all on scene, or “outdoor lights on/off” switch. It would be much easier if I could copy my existing scene and change as needed, rather than selecting every device and option manually over and over again

1 Like

I also notice my nspanel switches do not show up in scenes for me to control - can this be corrected?

I see this is an issue on the web interface, but not on my phone

Time and sunset / sunrise are limited to that specific time instance… it would be helpful to be able to say “after sunrise, and before sunset”, or vice versa

In the same way - it would be able to trigger something based on “after 18:00, and before 07:00” to only trigger events that occur in those time windows

Hi there, may I know what devices you wanna switch them off when no motion is detected? Actually, if you want something like a light off for a sustained amount of time, you can count on inching mode. You don’t need to create a scene for it. Just check out the device setting page to see if you’re able to set the inching mode.

As for the limitation of Delay in eWeLink App, we figure out an alternative way. Please take a look at this tutorial. How to set Delay longer than an hour?