Improving the design and functionality of ewelink app

Greetings. I would like to suggest the following improvement.
one.
a) camera s-cam - the camera really lacks image magnification. It will be very nice to be able to remove or add unnecessary buttons below the camera image so as not to clog the screen.
b) it is necessary to make it possible to attach device buttons to the camera, so that when entering the camera it would be possible to observe the execution of commands of certain devices. Binding the camera to the buttons as already done is good and so be it. My improvement suggestion is to improve ewelink.
2. Refinement of the ewelink interface - automation is priceless, but visual control is also very important and you need to have a user-friendly interface.
a) you need to do an independent sorting of devices in separate rooms.
b) you need to make a room of selected devices (at the moment it is impossible to duplicate the same device in different rooms and this upsets)
c) it would be nice to be able to use both the list of devices and tiles in the rooms at the same time.
d) it will be useful to have access to the camera broadcast directly entering the room.
e) rendering rooms would be a very good step in the interface. Assign your own background to each room - upload your photos to the rooms.
f) manual scene icons are very boring and there are very few of them.
3. What can you say about the insufficient functionality of zb devices? When can we expect new features like wifi???
4 . When will support for universal infrared remotes appear?
And an additional question. There are rumors that sonoff will release a curtain control device. Can you tell me when it is expected to be on sale ???

3 Likes

a). The suggestion of adding digital zooming and removing some buttons on the video is really cool. Will surely take it into consideration.
b). We know it makes sense to add device buttons to the camera. However, it also brings challenges like the layout of buttons. For some users, they pin one camera to five or even more devices. Actually, the number of devices bound to camera varies, so it would be hard for us to decide how many devices buttons should be added to the page.

Not quite clear about these questions, can you describe in detail?
d) it will be useful to have access to the camera broadcast directly entering the room.
3. What can you say about the insufficient functionality of zb devices? When can we expect new features like wifi?
4 . When will support for universal infrared remotes appear?

About the curtain, do you mean the ZBcurtain? it’s available now:

Other suggestions are noted and will be evaluated.

it will be convenient if the camera image broadcast is available immediately from the ewelink page, from the room where it is assigned. zb devices are not functional enough compared to wifi devices. It lacks many settings like wifi. There is a lack of support for universal infrared remote controls for turning household appliances on and off. Personally, I miss the automatic switching of the TV to the HDMI channel with cameras when opening the gate, gate or pressing the bell button.

Do you mean the camera stream pops up automatically when it detects moving?

Perhaps the misunderstanding is due to the translator. I am not English speaking. No. Motion detection has nothing to do with it. I want to see live video from the camera when I visit a certain room. For example. I have a “boiler room” room in ewelink and I want to go into the room but without opening the camera to see what is happening there

Get it, it’s quite a lots of work for us, may i ask do you have an Amazon echo? if so, you can set a alexa routine to achieve what your needs, if there is a moveing detected by camera(with motion detection feature) or simply by a motion sensor, then the routine works, which can deliver a voice remainder and pop the stream automatically on the echo(if it has a display).
check this Get voice reminds from Echo when eWeLink sensor's status changes - eWeLink

As I said earlier, I am not English-speaking, and Alexa and Google cannot speak my language, unfortunately, except for the phone. And my camera monitors the automation of hot water - switching water from the gas column to the heat exchanger and back when the temperature drops in the heating boiler. everything is also done on ewelink. Thank you for the answer.

so you want to place the video interface on the main page(or room page) so you don’t need to enter camera page to watch, sorry the current UI can’t do it, we’ll consider redesigning it in a new version in the future.

1 Like