I really need a new ewelink control product!

I don’t understand what’s the problem with making a request to add a universal infrared remote to ewelink? You can not expect such a product from sonoff, because. it takes a lot of time to develop. But aubess, with which ewelink is already cooperating, already has a universal remote control and you just need to adapt the software for ewelink.

Far from I know eWeLink does have a universal infrared remote controller years ago, but I think that the Code various from Brands and always changes, it is hard to the guys to integrate or compatible all the Code, so that I think they make their decision don’t to continue this product.

1 Like

I do not understand what are you talking about. what code, what complexity? There are baumess devices running ewelink. They also have infrared remotes. What is the difficulty, like other devices, to adapt the remote control under the control of ewelink ??? You just need to develop new software for an existing device.

This infrared device is very important, because it allows you to operate really big and small power systems with a very easy and cheap solution.
Please sonoff / ewelink, implement an infrared device (as TUYA does) and bring us the posibility of manage it using webhooks!!

2 Likes

We have forward this product request to SONOFF team, will let you know if they make a solid plan, but for now, no more info i can tell.

Do you have any news about infrared devices support?

1 Like

Do you have any news about the infrared?

1 Like

good day. Are there any positive results known?

@Daniel_Zhan Does SONOFF have any plans to make a IR universal control?

Yes. IR universal remote control

Hey @yitie and @Daniel_Zhan
Bunch of people would really appreciate you guys developing and implementing the IR controller. I’m satisfied with those few SONOFF products I own, as well as eWeLink home control center, they are working good together and I’ve automated bunch of stuff and even enabled remote control for some of my non smart devices, using SONOFF smart switches and plugs, for example my water heater got smart because of your products, battery powered upright vacuum cleaner is getting charged the “smart way” (the power is cutoff after some time so it doesn’t get overcharged) and so on . So I’m thinking about upgrading, buying the control panel, some sensors and cameras, and was researching on how to solve the AC remote control and scheduler, but it’s a problem I can’t solve without an IR controller. It’s an old AC and it’s only possible to control it with IR remote. Other smart home ecosystems have these developed, for example Xiaomi has it, and I already use their Mi home for my Roborock and Air Purifier, so I can solve the issue with them, but I actually like eWelink and SONOFF combo, so I would like to stick to them. Unfortunately, not being able to control the AC is steering me away from your ecosystem and looking to other solutions. I would love any update on this, if you have it guys, so I decide what to do. I’ll be watching this thread for a week or two hoping for any feedback, and then decide on next steps.
Cheers, G

Hey @yitie I just stumbled upon YouTube video of some Italian guy using the EACHEN IR-DC666 device. Does this work with eWelink, as that guys claims? Will this solve my AC remote control issue?

Hi, I was able to test one of them procured to Eachen 5 to 6 years ago. They were kind of beta devices, only supported on eWeLink for Android. Then they stop development, think that never released the IOS version and the device was deprecated and not produced anymore…

EWELINK can not reach TUYA or other IOT systems WITHOUT universal IR control. EWELINF staff should know this