[FREE DISSUSSION] Free talk about the pilot NFC feature

Hello, is NFC supported for Iphone X ios 16.4.1?
There is no NFC in the pilot function.

@StephenJ Please check this issue, thanks.

Hi there, Iā€™m sorry to inform you that the NFC pilot feature is currently not supported on the iPhone X model. This is due to the fact that iOS only allows iPhone XS and newer models to wake up the NFC scenes without opening the app, and the iPhone X is not included in this.
More information on this limitation can be found at: Adding Support for Background Tag Reading | Apple Developer Documentation
However, we will definitely work on improving this feature if it becomes possible in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

Any way to get rid of the annoying push notification on IPhone? Itā€™s really make the nfc unusable if you have to tap on the push notification and then wait for the app to be launched!

I have an iPhone 14 plus!

1 Like

Hi there, it seems this push notification is sent by your OS.

Hi @PeterGoGo , the OS is not mine :slight_smile: I am using the official iOS . My question is whether there is a workaround to it

Hi there, thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We understand that the push notification can be annoying when using NFC on your iPhone 14 Plus. It is possible that certain iPhone models display notifications when using NFC tags. We will consult with our engineering team to investigate this matter and provide you with a prompt response.

Thx @StephenJ for the kindness to resolve this case. The prob is noit only on the push notification , but on the action you should perform.

1. Scan the NFC tag
  2. push notification arrives
  3. Click on it
  4. The ewelink app turns on
  5. the scene runs automatically.

As you can see it waste all the idea behind NFC if you have to do 5 steps.

Thx
theo

3 Likes

Hi Theo, agree with you that 5 steps are kind of waste the ā€˜zero touchā€™ idea of NFC tag scanning, but itā€™s beyond our capabilities to improve that, because itā€™s a rule or baseline of iOS that 3P developers must be followed, check Appleā€™s dev-spec here as i summarized below, lots of developers asking Apple to add the ā€˜silence runningā€™ feature when scanning a NFC tag, far from i know, Apple havenā€™t intention or plans to make this happen.

On iPhones that support background tag reading, the system scans for and reads NFC data without requiring users to scan tags using an app. The system displays a pop-up notification each time it reads a new tag. After the user taps the notification, the system delivers the tag data to the appropriate app. If the iPhone is locked, the system prompts the user to unlock the phone before providing the tag data to the app.

Thx @yitie for the detailed reply. I got it. May be a workaround is to use NFC tags via Appleā€™s Shortcuts in which, surpassingly (!), it does not require the 5 steps as above (since you can deactivate the notification feature). Yet, till now, i have found a way to integrate ewelinkā€™s scenes within Shortcuts. any idea on this?

Let me try, get back to you if I figured out.

1 Like

I cant get the app to write to a NFC tag, iphone 14 pro max, i can write to the tags using NFC Tools no problem but cannot write to the tag using ewelink app

anybody have any ideas?

Hello, is the NFC tag youā€™re attempting to write empty? If there is any existing data on the tag via the NFC Tools app or another source, writing a scene to the NFC tag with the eWeLink app may fail. I would recommend clearing the tag fully with the NFC Tools app first.

yes, totally clean tag,

to sure your tagā€™s capacity over 256 bytes

Hi, I have a noob question. I have around 95 switches with 54 scenes in my house. How do I make NFC work so so many scenes? Do I need so many physical NFC
tags?

Iā€™m not sure I understand your question exactly. I think you can create a series of manual scenes and then use an NFC scene to trigger them (add smart scenes > perform manual scene in ā€œThenā€)

Hi,

See the screenshot of a few scenes.

These work automatically when I turn on /off some switches, via google home voice command or via physical operation of a switch.

I want to know how NFC will benefit me?

I have a lot of NFC tags?

Regards

Steve

NFC scenes are similar to manual scenes, after creating an NFC scene, the scene can be triggered when the phone is in the unlocked state and close to the NFC tag.
The steps to create and use NFC scenes are as follows:

1. Go to the profile > pilot Features page and turn on the NFC switch (provided that your phone supports NFC).
  2. Create a scene, select NFC in If, write content to the blank NFC tag to save it, and then add Then action to save the scene.
  3. Move your phone close to the NFC tag to trigger the configured scene.

Some scenarios need use NFC tags with the sceen locked, for example when we are driving an turn on lights or open gates is needed.

Are you going to allow the use of tags with the screen locked?.

KR