eWeLink on Android Auto

eWeLink On Android Auto

The eWeLink App V5.7 (Android) brings smart home control to your car with new Android Auto integration. Now you can trigger preset scenes with just a tap when driving a Android Auto supported vehicle. For example, create an “Arrive Home” scene by grouping actions like opening the garage door and turning on lights, add this scene to the Android Auto. When you arrive home, simply tap the “Arrive Home” on the center display, and your smart devices will automatically carry out the programmed actions, providing a seamless, automated experience.

Part 1. Add your scenes to Android Auto

• In eWeLink App, navigate to Profile - Android Auto
  • Tap the Go to Edit button, tap :heavy_plus_sign: to add your manual scenes, or tap the :heavy_minus_sign: to remove them.
  • Tap Save upper right to save the settings.

Note: For how to create a manual scene, go to the Scene tab to create a scene, in the If section, select ‘Tap to perform’ , and add your desired actions in the Then section.

Part 2. Run the scenes on Android Auto

Connect your Android Phone (with a USB cable)

Important: Make sure your car is in park (P) with the infotainment system turned on, and allow time to set up Android Auto before you start your drive.

1. Plug a USB cable into your vehicle’s USB port; and then plug the other end of the cable into your phone.
  2. Follow the on-screen instructions to set up Android Auto. (Your phone might ask you to update Android Auto before you continue.) For more information, check your vehicle user manual or contact your vehicle manufacturer.
  3. You can also connect wirelessly via Bluetooth.

If you have any trouble, refer to the Google Document here: Set up Android Auto

Run eWeLink manual scenes on Android Auto

• On the center display of your car, open the eWeLink App.
  • Tap on a scene to run it. The ‘success’ indicates successful execution.

Note:

Drive safely. Pay attention to the road and driving conditions, and always obey applicable laws.

The app is being gradually released on the Google Play Store. If you can’t find it yet ( V5.7 for Android ), please wait for one more day. And feel free to share your experience if you have tried the Android Auto!

I have the advanced plan, but I didn’t receive the new update to the version 5.7.

you can wait few days until you see the update at app store/google play store , and if you got android mobile and don’t want to wait then you can download it from apkpure or other stores

1 Like

Good to know this. I was waiting for it!!

Regards,

Alejandro

you most welcome

Still have not received the updates, and also did not notice that it was only for advance plan, so I think I will continue using Custom App or Alexa buttons. Thanks

I have a (received by share) device and I cannot add it to any scene. I have advance account. Please advice and/or fix it. Thanks.

hi,
only owner (primary account) can create scenes with the device.
if you (secondary account) join the owner’s ‘Home’ to be a member , you can run the manual scenes, and add those scenes to Android Auto/CarPlay but you can’t edit them.
you can use the primary account to invite secondary account to join the ‘home’.

1 Like

secondary account need to have advance plan too?

yes it is required, we’re considering adding a family plan.

or you can use smartthings app and add your scene to android auto at smartthings

in my opinion anything related to android auto should be free

You can make the scenes look larger as an icon and not as a test message. It is very difficult to hit with your finger to scene, for example, when driving on a dirt road

hi,
The design style is limited by Apple’s specifications, and we are unable to modify the frame style at this time. Maybe in the future.

I am writing in the topic about android auto and I mean Android. As far as I understand, there are no such problem in Android, if you look at the Smartthings scene in android auto

sorry my mistake, we’ll look into that and see if we can do some change, thank you for the feedback.

thanks

I cannot setup scene for sonoff camera as it did not display as one of smart device.

I want to use it so that I can view my home camera and navigate thru my driveway

Currently unavailable, we’ve researched this before and it’s a potential security risk according to Android Auto or CarPlay policies.