DST coming again

Next saturday time changes again… Secenes, schedules etc. will adapt, or We will have again the crazy an caotic problem like always?

If I have a scene that turns on aligt at 20:00 it has to be ALWAY at 20:00. If time changes, scene has to adapt automaticaly

Other IOT systems do that automaticaly and you do not nneed to worry…

I subscribe to you and I’m afraid we’l have the same problems as last time!

As easy as put, in general settings, TIME ZONE, DST ON/OFF like other IOT systems… but not, always this crazy situation.
Here they say to change all timers, but it more difficult than this: <scenes with time interval activity etc. VERY VERY CRAZY
I DO NOT WANT NEW FEATURES: O ONLY WANT SYSTEM WORKING OK… NOW I HAVE TO CHANGE EVERYTHING TWICE A YEAR

I ask EWELINK TEAM what is th proble in setting in APP TIME ZONE and DST ON/OFF and link my system time to a choosen TIMEZON ¿Is there any technical limitation for not doing this?

@tiomiguel.geo @mezeibela63
Hi there, thank you for bringing this concern to our attention. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the recent adjustment to DST. We understand that changes to time can be frustrating and confusing, and we want to do everything we can to help you navigate this transition smoothly. We understand that this can be a hassle, especially if you have many devices to manage.
However, we have compiled some steps to help you transition smoothly to DST. Here they are:

1. If you are experiencing issues with device timing(device timers or schedules) or once Time of Day in scene, we recommend referring to the following link for instructions on how to adjust your settings.

2. If you have repeat Time of Day in your scene, you can open the edit scene page without making any changes, just with one tap Save, and it should work normally according to the current time.

After completing these adjustments, the timer should be functioning normally. If you still encounter any issues with the batch timer, please feel free to let me know.
Thank you!

heelo

Thank you for the email

This is not as easy as you say. I have scenes with effective time period. It is crazy to chnge all this.

I have remaked my system based on sunrise/sunset times -these work always precise- and my fixed reference times are taken from IFTT but this is temporal only. If you do not provide fix timezone and enable/disable dst I will migrste to other IOT system

Please tell me why you do not allow fix to a timezone and choose DST… WHY???

Regards

Miguel

Hi Miguel,
I understand that adjusting all of your scenes and schedules can be a daunting task, especially if you have many devices to manage. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Regarding your question about why eWeLink does not allow a fixed timezone and the option to enable/disable DST, the reason is that different settings in the eWeLink app have different storage logic for their timing-related settings, which can cause confusion during DST transitions.

For instance, some device timers and schedules are stored locally on the device, while others(scenes) are saved on the eWeLink cloud server. This makes it difficult to have a one-size-fits-all solution for DST changes.

Nos I understand why some devices change time, other not… and you explain why I have toleave this IOT system: You can offer advancerd features or whatever you want, but If you do not provide a STABLE TIME, your IOT systems has nothing to do. I pay for a IOT ssytem that even not offer a STABLE TIME… I can not believe
I do not want what changes you have to do, but be sure tahi if you do not make these changes and provide a STABLE TIME, you IOT system is not the option.
Now I have redone my scenes based on sunrise/sunset times -they are stable- and taking fixed times from IFTT, but this can not be the option.

I can understand temporal extreange things during DST transistion. But I need a STABLE TIME for all year. I have to change everything TWICE a year. This is not an option. Day in DST transition can be tricky, but no problem. Things should work OK next day

I tell you as customer and want to help you. You MUST understand how important is this quuestion. DST time is not going to be elimitaded in a long time.

You can not say yoyy can not change this