Air Quality sensor

Is there any air quality (air polution) Zigbee sensor compatible with Zigbee Bridge, or a WiFi sensor which can be monitored with eWeLink app?
Device which can monitor at least PM2.5.
I saw many online but only for Tuya. Not sure if they can work with Sonoff/eWeLink too.

3 Likes

Hi there, we just talked to Sonoff, however, Sonoff doesn’t have an air quality Zigbee sensor on their roadmap so far.

By the way, if Sonoff planned to produce this sensor, what features do you expect them to add and where will you place this sensor?

Thank you Peter.
It would be good to have one device with PM2.5, CO2, temperature and humidity sensors. Due to air pollution it’s nice to monitor in and outside the house, so both indoor and outdoor is a plus.
I would like to know, is there any third-party sensor which can be monitored with the eWeLink app? It doesn’t have to be a Sonoff device.

2 Likes

Hi there, unfortunately far as I know, there is no air quality sensor supported by eWeLink at this point.

I think that any Air Quality sensor that strictly following the ZigBee 3.0 protocol standard can be added via SONOFF or eWeLink Zigbee Bridge, I don’t have an Air Quality in hands, just technically deduction.

1 Like

Yes, i think so too. It should work, except in some rare cases.
I’ll do some research and if I find one which works without issues I’ll update this topic.

1 Like

I have a Netatmo system that monitors my indoor air quality. It’s has the ability to expand other units as well… i don’t think it can link to ewe gear… but i think it would certainly be an asset to create that ability with a ewelink unit. I’d buy that… indoor air quality is highly overlooked… with more airtight homes, air quality is more important than ever!

2 Likes

I had the same dilemma as the OP. so I bought a tuya one the monitors CO2 temp and humidity. I tried to link tuya to smart things in order to be able to run scenes in conjunction with my TH16 sensors… unfortunately my device was not supported.

However with an air quality sensor you can run scenes such as air purifier to come on when air quality is bad, another is CO2 to switch on only when lights are on.

I’m using netatmo too in bedrooms and in the living room. My home has small rooms and I need to replace CO2 with fresh air.
I’m using netatmo to monitor, ifttt to do scene and ewelink ch4pro to start/stop booster of my 4 decentralized VMC.
I’m waiting have ewelink CO2 monitor to do scenes in One app and stop use ifttt.

I don’t mind the IFTTT and still using the same setup, but it definitely would be an asset to monitor air quality in different areas of the home!
I have notifications trigger and ventilate as needed.

I would like a simple CO (carbon monoxide) sensor that is ewelink compatible.

Hello,

lack of air quality sensor is quite disappointing. I switched from loxone to sonoff in my office to find out there is no air quality sensor, and also CO and/or smoke has limited availability or not available at all.

I think it is crucial to add these to be able to compete with other systems. Otherwise you will loose a way too many customers.

1 Like

I agree with you.
However, I believe that they are already aware of what you are saying and that they are working hard to release new and update the old products.
I’m really looking forward to see what will Sonoff do during the next year, considering that they released several amazing products this year.