Add remote video download from camera sd card to app

First of all, thank you so much for implementing the ability to do 24/7 recording in sd card for sonoff camera, and remotely watch the footage on my phone. Found it very very useful.

However, I can only capture screenshot in the app, not remotely download the entire video footage. I have to turn off the camera, remove sd card, find the video file within sd card on my pc, and plug it back in. If we have a way to remotely stream the video, hopefully it won’t be too hard to add the feature to download the video itself?

Thank you for your support!

2 Likes

Hi there, thanks for the feature suggestion. We already brought this feature request to Sonoff team and they will evaluate it. If there is any update, we will let you know.

1 Like

Is there any news about it? I also noticed that you can only take screenshots! But no possibility to download the desired video. I await reply.

Hi there, the ability to download local recordings via the App will be available to the new Sonoff camera. Yet this camera hasn’t rolled out.

I also need this feature badly. I don’t think it’s very hard to add. If there is any update please anyone let me know. Watching the records remotely is very necessary, it’s convenient in some cases. Please add the feature. :saluting_face:

This is a hardware capability. Right now, we haven’t heard the plan to add this feature to the current cameras. The workaround is that you can subscribe to Camera Plan and download or share the cloud videos.

I am also bothered by the fact that I cannot save the videos unless I pay extra money.

1 Like