Questions are rather for support team:
When can we expect to be able to download/export any given video file on the GK-200MP2 camera paired with Ewelink app? It’s quite frustrating that there is no such functionality despite the camera is on the market for several years now.
It would be great to have thumbnails in the video files listing screen.
Camera settings screen still shows up a new firmware available however this firmware is not for this camera model.
Ewelink app shows UI controls to pan/tilt the camera, however the camera doesn’t support that functionality. It’s rather useless and frustrating interface. It’d be great to see there a quick list of saved videos with thumbnails instead.
Still unclear how the camera connection mode works: P2P, LAN etc. I have my camera in the same network but it shows P2P icon instead of LAN.
Can we stream RTSP in HD or SD? Does the url use that parameter somehow?
May we expect a redesign of the camera page in the Ewelink app to be more functional and user friendly (larger icons, larger tap areas, ability to pinch&zoom in default/fullscreen mode) etc.?
Can we add camera name to the Timestamp section?
Hi there, thanks for your feedback.
- We have discussed this ability with Sonoff team before and we’re informed that this feature will be available to the unveiled cameras in the future.
- Could you provide details of what thumbnails function in the video files listing screen?
- Actually you can upgrade your camera to this new firmware. Have you tried to upgrade? This is released for your camera model.
- It might be a mis-displaying of UI as this camera doesn’t come with a pan-tilt.
- P2P is actually the streaming protocol of this camera.
- This camera doesn’t support RTSP.
7&8. As for the re-design of the camera page and timestamp, I will note it down and bring it to the team later. If we have any plans for it, I’ll keep you updated.
- Thank you. Can’t wait to be able to export videos via Wi-Fi.
Could you provide details of what thumbnails function in the video files listing screen?
Yes. I mean real video snapshots as image instead of current “walking man icon” (a frame as image of the captured event)
Please see the example from some other camera vendor app:
Actually you can upgrade your camera to this new firmware. Have you tried to upgrade? This is released for your camera model.
I’ve tried - but all the camera does after tapping the new firmware - is just reboots and the firmware stays the same. This issue was brought up in this forum earlier somewhere.
It might be a mis-displaying of UI as this camera doesn’t come with a pan-tilt.
It’d be great if this UI component can be removed for cameras that do not support pan/tilt.
P2P is actually the streaming protocol of this camera.
Camera sometimes shows icon: “LAN”, sometimes “P2P” for no obvious reason.
This camera doesn’t support RTSP
Actually it does work but quite unstable. I’ve managed to generate RTSP link and it worked via VLC player. I just thought if there a way to stream HD from the camera.
7/8 Thank you for noting this down. Can’t wait for the updates to be rolled out.
@PeterGoGo are there any updates on the matter? I’m still in question with the issues listed above. Thank you!
Sorry for late response:(
2 & 4. Gotcha, will note it down for the team to evaluate as well.
3. After tapping the firmware update, you can power the camera off and then plug it in again. If it doesn’t help, please submit a support ticket.
5. This is actually normal as the when it shows “LAN”, it means your devices are in the same local network.
6. Could you let me know the device id of this camera?
Thank you for the information.
2-4 - thank you
3 - didn’t help
6- My camera’s ID is: a63001ef27, FW Name: GK-200BF6D
3: Sorry my fault. You already have the latest firmware. Just ignore the other one beside.
6: Are all of the devices in the same LAN? Make sure your network is stable enough. Unfortunately, it does not support streaming HD from the camera.
@PeterGoGo Thank you.
Could you please update this topic when agreed ideas and improvements are
ready to be rolled out?
When we can expect those improvements mentioned above?
No solid plan for them so far. I’ll let you know if there is any news. Thanks for your patience.