WiFi ikon vs Lan ikon on app

When the device feature ikon is displayed as WiFi and when Lan? I have in same room same type of devices, MiniR2, with the same settings and some have the Lan ikon displayed and some the WiFi feature ikon, I wonder why?

When you select LAN control in the device settings it shows the LAN Icon, otherwise the WiFi Icon.

All mine devices have the lan control enabled! If you look at the attachment below you’ll see that is not the case. Below is the setup of one device witch have not displayed the lan ikon although the lan control is enabled!

Many newer eWeLink compatible devices support LAN mode. When LAN mode for such device is enabled it allows you to control the device directly from your mobile phone to the device without the need of the internet / cloud.
To let the LAN mode (LAN icon) work as intended both the device and your phone needs to be on the same local network, elsewise cloud mode is being used (the WiFi icon).

If just look at the device list you see that in same room are devices with lan ikon and devices with wifi ikon, and I specify again all mine devices have the lan control enabled. And one interesting think related to what you sed that both devices and phone have to be in same net, guess what I try with both frequency 2.4 and 5G and nothing changes! You have to be with the phone on the 2.4 G frequency just when you add a new Wifi device, except WiFi sensors bluetooth this time, this condition is not mandatory when you control them. So I ask why different ikons same room, same settings, same type of device MiniR2!

During operation 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz indeed doesn’t matter. THe only important things is to be on the same network.

How does your network look like. Can you describe how your network is wired?

All my rooms are covered with WiFi signal with a router and two repetors, all with 2.4G and 5G. None of the automation devices is more fare away then 6 m from a network signal source.

Does it make any difference which icon appears for the devices connected to which network resource?

I think it matters because those devices which have the WiFi ikon displayed in the app appear OFFline in iHost! Another thing if the app developers intend to display different types of ikon why not to know when they appear in that manner, I don’t think they do that just for fun.

În joi, 20 apr. 2023 la 15:06, Jeroen Maathuis via eWeLink Forum <notifications@ewelinkforum.discoursemail.com> a scris:

You misunderstood my question. It wasn’t a sarcastic question.
I meant: do devices connected to one signal network resource display other icons than devices connected to another network resource?

I apologize. Far away, not even cross my mind, I just want to make a point that it has to be a reason for that the ikons displayed chandes from one to the other. To answer your question I don’t know. I noticed another thing for example if the ikon displayed is WiFi and put it on ON or OFF the ikon changes to Lan type with no changing in device settings. So I just want to understand the behavior!

Üdv.
Én HA alatt használom az eszközöket, itt van egy lehetőség választani a kapcsolat módja között:
LAN / CLOUD / AUTO. AUTO módra van a kapcsolat állítva.
Minden eszközömön amin lehet, engedélyezve van a LAN mód, HA mindig LAN alatt látja ezeket, viszont ha az eWelink Web felől nézem, akkor CLOUD módban.
Azt gondolom - ami akár téves is lehet - , hogy épp az adott pillanatnyi elérésnek megfelelő az ikon megjelenítése, ami azért érdekes, mert elvileg a HA kommunikál kifele elsődlegesen.
Szerintem a jó megoldás mindkét ikon megjelenítése lenne, ha az eszköz minkét módot tudja, mondjuk kék a lehetséges és zöld az éppen aktív mód, és a WiFi ikonon látszik a kapcsolat minősége is.
Én megpróbálnám letesztelni, hogy lokálisan működik-e, ha igen akkor ez csak egy idegesítő hiba lesz…

Then I don’t have a clue what actually is happening at your side. At my side the LAN icon is always displayed when the devices supports it and has it enabled. Other devices that don’t supprot it display the WiFi (cloud) icon at my eWeLink app.

I don’t understand either that’s why I open the topic. I hope an explanation from staff will came.