Vacation mode

Hi, I really enjoy using ewelink with Sonoff devices, there is only one thing that I miss in the ewelink app. Is there a possibility for a vacation scene/mode. When turned on selected lights (bulbs, led strips, and nspanel) will turn on and off at random hours. This way it will look like there still is someone home to make the chance of a break in smaller.

1 Like

Hi there, thanks for the great idea. We don’t have a featured vacation mode in eWeLink App at this point. But we have recommended a way to create such an auto scene. You can take advantage of the Delay in Scene.
This is a tutorial article FYI.
If you don’t have a security camera, you add Time of Day to the condition.

It still lacks the ability to add randomness…

1 Like

That’s true. Our team actually will review the feature requests on a regular basis, so right now, I will add it to our discussion list first. I’ll update you if there is any progress.

2 Likes

I had suggested the same thing 4 months ago.

Hi guys, actually, we have some concerns over this feature. You require random timers, but how often should the lights be on or off? Everyone has different requirements. For instance, someone asks to turn on the lights every hour, while somebody thinks it should be two hours, etc. What do you guys think? We’d love to know your thoughts in detail.

I think this is a great idea, it could be made up with tick boxes for a selection of rooms and a tick box for the amount of random time I.e 1-60 minutes, 1-120 minutes etc

My idea:

• Provide 3 options: on / off / toggle
  • Within each option you define between which times the random action should be performed.

So lets say you want to turn a light on randomly between 19:00 and 20:30.

• Step 1 is to select the action: on
  • Step 2 is to define the start of the period: 19:00
  • Step 3 is to define the end of the period: 20:30

Now the eWeLink platform switches on the light somewhere between 19:00 and 20:30. Only once.

Above idea can get troublesome if one would like to blink the light randomly at short intervals although it can help to define a shorter period in the described procedure above.

Start and end period should also contain SUNSET/SUNRISE, so I don’t have to adjust the time.

Instead of waiting 3 years for that buy a cheap Tuya device. Tuya has random on/off out of the box

Where can I find it in the Tuya App?

Use “timer” button. Most of the Tuya devices have random option.

Hmm, that’s not the Tuya App I have.

This is ewelink forum so yoa are using ewelink app probably. Tuya/Smart Life is a different ecosystem.

I have the TUYA App and the eWeLink App.

Me too. This is exactly Smart Life app wich is the same as Tuya. You shoul know that sometimes 2 exactly the same devices sold by different sellers have different firmware onboard. That’s why usually they have random option but somtimes they have not.

Hello, in scenario it would be very nice to have the ability to define a random timer eact time the timer is called.

I really like your products but the random function is missing.

For exemple entering the minimum 1min and the max value 60 min, even with a granularity or step for exemple a step of 10 min will select a value randomly 10 or 20 or 30 or 40 or 50 or 60, a step of 15min will give 15-30-45-60.

Can you see in futures releases if tou could implement such functionality. Thw

Hello, there is no need for any customizations. I currently have a dumb switch with Random function it works like this: It turns on for a random interval between 1min and 8 hours then turns off for a random interval between 1min and 8 hours. That’s it.