TRVZB Controlling Wi-Fi Devices within iHost (Reliablity)

I would appreciate any observations about a reliability issue I’ve noticed.
My set up is iHost (firmware 1.13.4), TRVZBs as Masters to control Wi-Fi switches that switch the Central Heating Boiler ON (when the TRVZB status is ‘Heating’) and OFF (when the TRVZB status is 'Keeping). To achieve this I am using very simple smart scenes:

For Heating
If
(Smart Device) TRVZB status = ‘Heating’
Then
(Smart Device) Wi-Fi Switch= ‘ON’

For Keeping
If
(Smart Device) TRVZB status = ‘Keeping’
Then
(Smart Device) Wi-Fi Switch= ‘OFF’

I’ve noticed that on (very) few occasions that the slave Wi-Fi switch will not be in the state as commanded by the TRVZB.

This situation leads me to believe that the scenes I have used only run once each time that the TRVZB changes its status and there is no check that the TRVZB > Wi-Fi Switch command has completed successfully. As I can manually change the state of the slave switch it indicates that there is not any solid sync between the TRVZB as ‘Master’ and the Wi-Fi switch as ‘Slave’. One way I’ve thought about improving the reliability of the scene was to add multiple Then lines to the scene for eg:

For Heating
If
(Smart Device) TRVZB status = ‘Heating’
Then
Time delay 5 sec
Time delay 5 sec

But as this is not a very elegant solution I would appreciate any ideas how fail safe reliability can be achieved preferably using smart scenes. Or is there a way to automatically re-run a scene that failed ?

Thanks

1 Like