Third party devices added through the open-api not available in eWeLink App

Hi! Just troubleshooting a NSPanel Pro by adding a third party device.

Trying to test adding third party devices using the Open-API. I have managed to a add a dummy plug as a device, which I can see on the NSPanel Pro UI, however I cannot manage the device in the eWeLink App. I don’t see it there. Any ideas why that is? Are third party devices only available on the gateway itself and if yes, what’s the point as I am not able to control them from the eWeLink App.

Thank you,
Peter

1 Like

i am unable to access mdns , error : port number is not decimal . How to assign port number to nspanel or what is default port number

The default port is 8081.

Any ideas what’s the point of adding 3rd party devices if I cannot include them in scenes and I cannot see them in the eWeLink app anyone?

Third-party devices only work locally and cannot be synced to the cloud - eWeLink’s cloud servers are not compatible with these third-party devices.

Thank you for replying. The idea still remains. What’s their use? I cannot include them into scenes, basically I cannot automate them in any way. I cannot expose them to third party services. I fail to see their use… Why have they been developed?

If you use the NSPanel Pro, you just can control these third-party devices on the screen. But if you use the ihost, you can set the local scenes, you can synced them to Matter network - like apple home.

I can see some benefits for the iHost, however there isn’t much for NSPanel Pro.

This topic was automatically closed 12 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.