Stop option for curtain/blinds/motor devices

Is there an ability for Sonoff devices recognized as Curtain Motor (or for Blinds) to have the ability to STOP the motor via Scene?

I only have the ability for ON/OFF, which triggers forward/reverse actions, but no ability to STOP.

PS. On the Home screen, there are ON | STOP (Pause) | OFF options, but the STOP one is not available withing Scenes

1 Like

Have try the DUAL R3? Does it meet your requitment ?

I have the Sonoff Dual R3 with this problem: The Stop option is not available from an scene. Only Open, Close, and % options are available

I had this difficulty when I migrated from Dual R2 to Dual R3.

I have four curtains at home and those that use Dual R3 just can’t create scenes to “stop” the curtain.

This is frustrating, because it is possible to create scenes to “stop” the curtain in Dual R2, but not Dual R3.

1 Like

It will be supported in the next APP updated version.

Hello, I have the same problem with my King-Q4_EEW curtain switch and I find out that you have to set the open and close time on the switch himself, if you read the manual you should see how to do that.

Dear Daniel
Please let me know if it possible to add reverse button in order to link single button with curtain so when it on it will roll up when off it will stop and if it on again it will reverse (down)
On other words link other device button to act like S1 in dual r3

1 Like

One more vote for Reverse option - in order to make a Scene and control on/off with a single button from the remote.

I suggest that you can use M5 (eWeLink Remote Gateway) with R5 (Controller) as a remote control for your curtain.
So you can use the single press, double press, and long press to define up, down, and stop respectively.

Would it be a better choice?

I still think the reverse ON/OFF state is a very useful option, even with R5 (Remote+Controller), and I would really like to see it happening.

Having single/double/long presses offered with R5 does sound like a very neat solution, though I personally have issues from time to time with a single RF remote click not being spotted all the time (10-15% of attempts do not get triggered), and then I need to repeat my wanted action.

Also please for curtain switches

1 Like

Is there hope for having a REVERSE action in scenes for Dual R3?

Is there a hope to support other not-Sonoff brands for Curtains/Blinds to have Stop and Reverse actions in scenes?

The reverse action will make it more complicated for the curtain operations, you can not expext the curtain will go up or down if you press the single button. So I strongly recommend you use the R5 to define what you need for a better experience.

No no, this is misunderstood.
The reverse does not mean changing direction but switching between states, e.g:

1. reverse on the UP channel will turn ON or OFF the motor if the previous state was OFF/ON respectively
  2. the same goes with a DOWN channel, where the only relation with the UP channel is to turn OFF the UP channel if it is ON- interlock behavior that already exists - so it prevents the motor to burn down

With a single button on the remote, the idea is to control a single direction only by switching between ON/OFF states with the REVERSE action.
And to control both UP/DOWN directions, two buttons on the remote shall be used, of course.

I am not advocating for this behavior completely - only for the part of the ON/OFF REVERSE behavior for a single channel.
Having an automatic channel switch between UP/DOWN and ON/OFF for each of them with a single button does sound like a complex behavior, and I do not request for it.

so in this case, you need two single remote buttons for up and down channels?

press button A, curtain goes up, press again, it stops
press button B, curtain goes down, press again, it stops

is that your expectation?

Yes, exactly like this.
This same is supported in Sonoff light switches with one/two/three buttons,and in 4CHR3 (Pro) - they have 4 options in Scenes actions - ON/OFF/KEEP/REVERSE.
Having the same 4 options in Scenes for Dual R3 and Curtain/Blind switches would be awesome.

1 Like