Sonoff POW Origin - Scene trigger on eWeLink app

Hello, I use a Sonoff Pow Origin to monitor the energy production of my PV solar system.
It works very well, I can see on the app the instant production (in W) and cumulated production (in Wh).

I would like to remote control a wifi smartplug (like Sonoff S26R2) based on instant production power value in watts, eg :

• if power > 400, turn on smartplug
  • if power < 200, turn off smartplug

Unfortunately in eWeLink app the only trigger in scene editor for POWR316 device is ‘power >’ so I can turn on, but if power falls under 400, there is no way to turn smartplug off.

It would be a great feature to add a new trigger ‘power <’ = when power falls under a value to the scene editor for POW devices!

3 Likes

Hi there, when power>200, then turn on/off, it would require capacity from the hardware side. We will work with the firmware team for further evaluation.

1 Like

i also want this feature and ive ask around here and in fb sonoff support, they say its posible with any pow sonoff device, bought the s31 and s40 just to discover its not posible

• if s31 power > 100, turn on s40 smartplug
  • if s31 power < 10, turn off s40 smartplug

that feature would be very usefull

4 Likes

I asked for the same on all powr devices. Very important for protecting other devices

ive read if you flash to a tasmota firmware it would be posible anyone tried or has a guide to set this up?

I am also curious if I can do this

hello, in the sonoff POW320D model it does allow the adjustment of the trigger above and below a power.

Same request here Add on and off feature for scene in POWR316D - #2 by yitie

I have the same issue. There is a hudge inconsequence when you can generate an event only if the value is exceeded. All others relays works both side even the hysteresis can be adjusted.
I was very disappointed when i found so avaliable logic is so pure.
Relay measueres voltage, current, power energy so why we can’t control or even generate push message when eg. voltage is too high or too low.

Hi guys, we’ll add “when the power is less than X” to the Scene, and this feature is compatible with POW Elite and POW Origin. This feature will be rolled out in August. Please stay tuned!

August? Whitch year?

It’s already available. Please make sure your firmware has updated to the latest version as well (version 1.1.0).

My soft shows 1.0.7 as the newest version
No way to upgrade to 1.1.0

BR TBi

pon., 11 wrz 2023, 04:43 użytkownik Forum8618826101392 via eWeLink Forum <notifications@ewelinkforum.discoursemail.com> napisał:

This feature is compatible with POW Elite and POW Origin only. Could you confirm your models? Besides, please confirm if your eWeLink app has updated to v4.35 or above.

NOT TRUE. It is possible to use power , voltage or current as a trigger for all devices with ewelink stock firmware onboard in Home Assistant using Sonoff Lan add on from HACS . It works perfect for LAN and Cloud devices. So now I’m using it for POWR2 (LAN) and some third party plugs with ewelink onboard (Cloud).
Funy to read all the time that everything is impossible. Look at Tuya plugs (the same as third party ewelink devices). They have that possibility out of the box. Hardware is the same, ewelink app makes that difference.

How did you wire this up? I tried the same but found that when power cut out at night it wouldn’t start up again in the morning, because the inverter on the panel needs to sense a connection to the grid.