Sonoff Micro USB Scheduler without WiFi connected?

Hi,

Can i setup a Sonoff Micro USB on a WiFi network, then set the schedule and then plug it in another location so that it runs the saved schedule without WiFI?

Does it save the schedule locally on the Sonoff Micro? I did try setting the schedule, put sonoff in different location where there is no wifi, but unfortunately the sonoff did not switch on the usb device connected to it via the saved schedule.

Why does Wifi have to be connected all the time? Can the sonoff micro not work off grid and still run the set schedule.

Any help appreciated.

It will not work in your case, because the ‘timer configuration’ will be erased when the device lose power, the root reason is the “crystal” build-in the chip failed to calculate time when it’s powered off.

In other words, if you set timer successfully then disconnect the wifi, but keep the device powered, the timer still works. Internet connection is for time setting procedure only.

Thanks for your reply yitie,

is there any way of keeping the device powered while i transfer it?
Or is there any way of connecting it to a local wifi hotspot on a phone and set it up that way while in-place at remote location?

No, you can’t, the “crystal” stops work when you plug it out.

Try to set it up by using a hotspot in the place you want to place it, heoretically, the timer will work, haven’t try it myself, just deduction.

Hello Yitie,
I have tried multiple times what you say above. For me it does not work at all like you say.
I have multiple Sonoff MiniR2 and BasicR2 installed and working well with my wifi. But when the Wifi is off, even if the Sonoff devices are still powered, the scheduled On/Off programmed in the Sonoff devices dont work. The Ewelink app says “devices offline”. So it seems to me that the devices dont turn Off/On at all when Offline. I dont think my MiniR2 and my BasicR2 store any information about timer hours, or at theast they dont use these information to turn On/Off.
Can you please reply. This is an important thing for me.
Thank you

If you do not see a blue bar with information about LAN mode in the ewelink app when you enter the device tab, it means that the device is not reachable in LAN for some reason.

A separate issue is whether the schedule works on the device without a Wi-Fi network. Scenes definitely don’t work then!
As for your devices, I can’t say whether they can behave similarly to the S26R2 and Micro.

Make sure you have the latest firmware and LAN mode enabled in the options of all devices. And test… Of course, there is an option that they may not work this way, and they certainly will not work after a power reset.