Recommendation for water flood sensor

Anyone use one that works with eWeLink?

Apparently Sonoff is going to add one to their offer this year, but when it happens it may be too late for me. :slight_smile:

Hi Morgan, you can use the Eachen Tuya Zigbee sensors, The zigbee water leak and smoke sensors, works with ZB Bridge Pro and ewelink as well:

Hope this helps.

1 Like

You will see the new device next week :wink:

2 Likes

Hi, I would like to know if these devices also work with the new Sonoff ZBBridge-U because I purchased the sensor whose link I am posting which works perfectly with the ZBBridge-P hub but not with the latest ZBBridge-U. Which I reported but was told that this is the case and it won’t work with the new hub.
https://it.aliexpress.com/item/1005006435472446.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.49353696VHuz9v&gatewayAdapt=glo2ita

A new week has begun… let’s celebrate by showing off a new sensor! :slight_smile:

1 Like

A bit expensive, especially if the cable has to be purchased separately… It is also important whether it is a single-state or two-state sensor. Does it transmit contact closing and opening, like DW2 Op/Clo.

A solo sensor is available for purchase. $9.9.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sounds better. :slight_smile:

But I still have a nagging question: is the sensor able to report a change in status from flooded to non-flooded? Is it possible to detect that there is no water around the contacts… I would call it a water presence sensor. :slight_smile:

The sensor detects water… after some time the water disappears completely, will the sensor report such a change? Unless it can only do the original assumption, i.e. detect flooding and nothing else?

1 Like

Check this link out.
It can detect flooded and non-flooded status.

I’ve already done it once, but ok, I read everything there is to read very carefully again.
I still don’t see anything that would specifically and clearly define whether the sensor is capable of transmitting two states.

The only thing I see is “dripping detection”, which perhaps suggests the ability to recognize the state. Or “multiple detection methods”…
Perhaps a mention of incompatibility with Alexa, which will recognize the sensor as a door opening sensor, which may suggest two states.

But I still don’t see any clear information about it. For now, only logical assumptions without 100% confirmation in these descriptions.

But since you confirm that the sensor is dual-state and ewelink supports it without any problems? That’s good.

Because if the sensor is not able to act as a trigger in the scene when the water disappears/the sensor is drying, it becomes of little use to me. Yes, my model of use is the opposite of the original purpose of the water/leak sensor. :slight_smile:
I don’t want to detect the appearance of water, I want to detect the moment when the water is no longer there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello. I do not understand anything. Perhaps Google Translator cannot convey the full meaning of what is written. Other manufacturers of similar sensors do not have cables, bases or anything like that. What role and function does the type-c lace perform, what is the advantage? And what kind of additional black device was shown in the video? it was never spoken or written about.

This cable is an extension of the sensor… You connect this cable with the large part to the sensor and the small end to where water may appear.

But this is only an option that can be purchased separately and if someone does not need it, the sensor itself is enough.
wa2

The black one is a valve for water flow. Something for irrigation and control when water can flow.

Both of them have nothing in common - they are simply two separate Sonoff products from the water category.

ok, one more question. As I understand it, the sensor itself is supposed to be with its contacts facing up and collect the slightest drops of water in the recess? Then what should you do if water flowed next to the sensor - past it and did not get on the contacts? The idea of ​​collecting splashes in the recess itself is good, but it would be cool if there were also contacts on the opposite side.

Both positions are OK. It doesn’t matter whether the contacts are up or down, the sensor still works.
If the contacts are down, it will start detecting when enough water flows under it to short-circuit the sensor.
In the case of contacts facing upwards, it may detect a small amount of water in the form of drops or when the entire sensor is flooded.

You set it according to your needs.

Personally, if I were to use the sensor without an extension, in most cases I would place the contacts downwards, imho they have a much better chance of detecting water spills than the chance that something will drip straight onto the contacts when they are up.

1 Like

Here is the SNZB-05P status history record.
Is that what you expected?

1 Like

Hello. And when can we expect a two-channel zb device for controlling the electric motor of a ball valve drive??? While there is no such device, the leakage sensor is of little use!!! We need a separate device, and not the drive itself with built-in relays!!!

When we receive a sensor that will measure light and report its changes. We need this core functionality to perform automation.

1 Like

If I’m understanding correctly what I’m seeing, I guess so…
But is it possible to set one or the other sensor state as a trigger in the scene, apart from visibility in the logs? This is also very important.

IF - SNZB-05P / Leak detected
THEN - webhook

And the other way

IF - SNZB-05P / Normal
THEN - webhook

If you find a free minute, I would like to ask you for a screenshot of ewelink web in the scene of what options we have for the SNZB-05P as a trigger.

Big Thx!

In the eWeLink APP or Web end, two statuses can be set as a trigger as you can see below.

1 Like