Is iHost really a local hub?

I’m still waiting for my iHost so I can’t try it on my own but from what i read on the forum I have general question.
Are the WiFi switches (with LAN enabled) operated locally or just synced with app?
Many of us probably have Zigbee and WiFi devices. Usually (not always) some zigbee sensor works as a trigger for wifi device. So what will happen in situation when we added zigbee devices to iHost, synced our wifi devices with iHost, created scenes in iHost and there won’t be internet…
Can I operate wifi (with LAN) devices from iHost without internet. Whether the scenes will work in such a situation.
As I mentioned I still waiting for my hub, so the question may be naive to some of users but thank you in advance to those who want to explain it to me.

Some video here:
Revolutionize Your Smart Home with iHost’s Localized WIFI Scenes

How to Set Smart Scenes and Home Security Modes on iHost

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my iHost so I can’t try it on my own but from what i read on the forum I have general question.
Are the WiFi switches (with LAN enabled) operated locally or just synced with app?

Currently operation with the eWeLink app is not possible, although appearantly there is quite some demand for that. When you are in the web UI of the iHost you need to login to your eWeLink account twice: 1 time to initiate the OTA update checker and 1 time for eWeLink CUBE to fetch the names of your eWeLink LAN mode enabled devices. Aside of these 2 things everything is local. Except when you decide to use Docker images, Node-RED add-ons, etc. with cloud enabled services.

Many of us probably have Zigbee and WiFi devices. Usually (not always) some zigbee sensor works as a trigger for wifi device. So what will happen in situation when we added zigbee devices to iHost, synced our wifi devices with iHost, created scenes in iHost and there won’t be internet…
Can I operate wifi (with LAN) devices from iHost without internet. Whether the scenes will work in such a situation.

As the iHost is completely local interaction between devices that don’t have LAN mode enabled and devices that do have LAN mode enabled is not possible. However, you can add Zigbee devices to the iHost internal Zigbee coördinator and create automations (scenes) between those Zigbee devices and LAN mode enabled WiFi devices. These scenes are created within the web UI of the iHost and keep on working without internet. However, the scene functionality of the iHost is a bit less developed than the eWeLink app one and you can’t import scenes from the eWeLink app. You will need to recreate scenes.

As I mentioned I still waiting for my hub, so the question may be naive to some of users but thank you in advance to those who want to explain it to me.

scenes can be created that contain both sonoff devices (active LAN) and zigbee devices

the scenes work without an internet connection

the scene cannot be imported; it must be redone