Inching and Interlock mode

Inching and Interlock mode

Apart from simple one-channel plugs and switches, eWeLink also supports devices with multiple channels. Compared to other smart home apps with basic schedule and remote control functionalities, eWeLink app stands out with inching mode and interlock mode (*available on multi-channel devices).

Let’s take a closer look at the inching and interlock mode.

Inching mode

In case that you wish your device to turn itself off after being on for a while, inching mode works the magic. Imagine how annoying it is to have to go back to the bathroom to turn off the exhaust fan. Leave it to eWeLink app. When inching mode is enabled, the device will be programmed to turn off automatically after a set period, no matter if you turn it on by voice, in app, by physical button, with schedules, scenes and IFTTT, or any other possible way.

Note:
1.Inching mode can be enabled separately on different channels of one device. You can enable or disable inching mode on different channels as you desire.
2.Inching mode may clash with schedule, timer, loop timer, scenes, or IFTTT. Think twice about what you really desire before you enable inching mode.
3.The duration of inching mode can be set from 0.5 second to 60 minutes.

Interlock mode

If you want only one channel of a device can be turned on at a time, the interlock feature makes one channel mutually dependent on the other channels. When a two-gang device is connected to a garage door motor respectively to pull up and let down the gate, you wouldn’t like to see both actions being done, which certainly will burn your motor. Such scenarios are where interlock mode is required.

Note:
1.When interlock is enabled, all channels will be turned off. The device will restore factory settings.
2.When this feature is enabled, the device will no longer support schedule, timer, loop timer and inching mode features.

Hi there, are some specific wall switch models that can use the inching/interlock mode.

I’m looking to use a 3 gang wall switch to turn on a 2 speed fan/water cooling system, each speed needs an out wire. But one out is used to turn on a water pump, I don’t want that out to be dependent. Thanks

Thanks

Hi there, eWeLink is a solutions provider company and we don’t manufacture devices ourselves. Therefore, we are unable to provide specific information on which products support the interlock feature. However, I recommend reaching out to some brands that are compatible with eWeLink to inquire about this feature. They will be able to assist you better and guide you toward products that meet your requirements. Thank you for understanding!

Interlock only works for all gangs on the same device. You can’t exclude a gang of it. You will need a seperate switch for the pump.

Since 2020, I have been using 11 4CHPROR3 devices for raising and lowering sunblinds. To start the engine I use an automatic scenes with sunrise or sunset conditions and to stop the command I use the inching method. And it worked correctly until now. Last few days inching on several devices doesn’t work. What can be a problem?
Best regards

Hi there, thank you for the feedback. Please submit a ticket through the in-app “Help & Feedback” feature. Our support team can then gather more detailed device information to troubleshoot the issue.