[IDEA] Sonoff TX Extreme / T5-xC-86

I just received a Sonoff TX Extreme 2-gang (T5-2C-86) to test. I’m quite impressed of the TX Extreme / T5 switch, but there is room for improvement. My suggestions:

• The current nightlight option is way to bright. Allow the Ambient light mode to be configurable: brightness, colors, custom animations, etc. For me the brightness and color of the steady nightlight is the most important.
  • Maybe a remark somewhere that there are swipe left-to-right and swipe right-to-left actions that can be used in scenes? Or even make some kind of link to the scenes screen or so?
  • Option to have a constant network indicator at the left and/or right side. Maybe also center top/bottom as option too. Default to blue at 50% brightness or so. Ability to adjust the brightness and change the color. For me network indicators on all other Sonoff devices can sometimes be very handy. Not only when there is a network outage.

I’m curious for other ideas from others too.

3 Likes

Hi joennuh, thanks for the great ideas!

Since these are more hardware related, I’d like to involve Daniel @Daniel_Zhan from Sonoff team to look into these features.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback, we will take your request into account and evaluate the feasibility.

1 Like

Hi Daniel, any new on nightlight options? TX Extreme is amazing, bought a bunch for my new home.

This feature is the most important to me, but need to dim brightness and will be great to switch color also.

Thanks!

This is also something I would like to see developed. It would make a great enhancement.
Priority for me would be .
1, Night \ Ambient light fully configurable
2, Network indicator on and configurable

Any news would be most welcome 20+ T5 Ultimate user :slight_smile:

Kind Regards
Shane

yes please :slight_smile:
Brightness of the nightlight is the most important for me. Its too bright at 100%

I think I can achieve this with Scenes, but config would perfect to turn Ambient light ON, after sunset, IF the light is not ON … no point during the day or if the light is on

We will release the OTA update next month, stay tuned. :wink:

3 Likes

good!