How long does your Sonoff DW2-Wi-Fi-L run on batteries?

Hi :slight_smile:

How long does your Sonoff DW2-Wi-Fi-L run on batteries???

Mine discharges the batteries for some reason from a few to a dozen hours. Both rechargeable batteries and disposable batteries. I have never managed to reach even a week. :slight_smile:
The sensor is also not burdened with any work. It will change state no more than once/twice.
Reaching 3+ months as the marketing materials claim is fiction for me. :slight_smile:

Clearly there is some problem with DW2 or this one is damaged… Faulty batch… or a bug in the firmware…

Contact with the manufacturer’s support is fruitless. Apart from one brief answer, there is no further communication. :slight_smile:

I prefer to ask how it looks for other DW2 owners before I buy another one and the same thing happens again. :slight_smile:

PS
Firmware 1000.2.1130

In my case, it looked very similar. I finally gave up and turned to a Zigbee sensor. I recommend you do the same.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I’m afraid that this may be a mass problem. But the fact that few people talk about it over time is strange.

I probably won’t be left with anything else but to go with zigbee because rf has only one state and I don’t think it’s possible to buy the old version of DW2 (without L). This old original version works for months on batteries and no problems, only this cursed version L.

What does the PCB look like in the zigbee version of the sensor? I’m interested in the place where the reed switch is soldered? The same as in DW2-L? It’s bloody hard to solder wires with such dimensions. :slight_smile: