eWeLink Webhooks to combine eWeLink with other third-platform apps

It’s a pity that instead of sorting out this mess, they keep announcing new things. When you buy this new product, it soon turns out that it is no longer worth their attention because they already have another new amazing product… :slight_smile:

This is a style that could be seen among small sbc manufacturers, release a computer and forget about its software support and let people from different projects (Armbian) worry about it.

Only with IoT it is a bit more difficult, yes, there are alternatives that can be used for Sonoff products, but many people do not buy equipment and then wonder how to make it functional for use.

Certain famous doorbell products are a perfect example. Even though they are not the cheapest, they have security bugs, and they collect a lot of data via the cloud… and yet people buy them in large numbers because it does what it is supposed to do and is easy to use from the moment it is taken out of the box, and it remains so.

Overall, these are nice toys for little money, and the problems begin when we start to rely on them and trust the specifications, which unfortunately the manufacturer encourages us to do. In terms of hardware, they are great for their price, but the software is created extremely carelessly, with no respect for the customer.
But I don’t want to complain because these are the golden years of technology. When I was a child, I collected tube radios from the trash for parts for my constructions, and now, for the price of a piece of cake, I have a device that can do whatever I want :wink:

The interest and some popularity in the case of Sonoff resulted mainly from the price when the market was expensive and relatively empty. But already back then, alternative fws were a necessity for Sonoff in many situations to be functional, and it still seems to be the case.

When I was a child, we played war using sticks as weapons. :slight_smile: