[Discussion] About ZigBee2CUBE and NON-Zigbee 3.0 devices compatibility

Hey eryk,

Do you mean it’s can added but lack some feature? or not act as expected?

For now, the motor on/off and range adjustment are supported, while the speed/rate adjustment (up and down adjustable roller)and motor reversal are not, and the type supported is curtains ( left and right opening and closing ) not blinds.

Thanks Julhio for the verification, have forwarded to the dev-team about that, they will check if can make them supported.

–I have noted those devices, let focus on those on the list already.

Hi,

You’re right. They do indeed work. apparently I hadn’t looked closely. sorry about that.

Hello,

Can you explain how to get this to work?

I have ihost 1.7.0 with Zigbee2CUBE turned ON

When i search fo the device, it comes up but i only see the following options:

I still don’t see the Moes Motorized Roller Blinds/Shades Drive Motor AM43-0.45/40-ES-EB in the supported list?

Ok, no worries.

@yitie I have tested four more devices that could be included on the list.

Worked:

AUBESS Tuya ZigBee 3.0 Switch 16A
ZN28972502
Device ID: a4c13895d790ae68
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_46t1rvdu
Current Version: 4.8

Tuya Water Sensor Water Level Sensor Leakage Detector For Smart Home Automation Tuya
Device ID: a4c1380406c404f5
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_85czd6fy
Current Version: 4.1

Does not work:

Tuya Smart Brazil Switch Plug Zigbee Smart Brazil Socket Smart Life Brazil Outlet With Power Monitor For Alexa Google Home
Device ID: 0xa4c138dfd45ed293
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_cehuw1lw
Current Version: 1
Status: Paired but can’t be controlled by iHost. When enabled or disabled by device button, the status is showing. No RSSI. LOG file already sent.

Tuya Zigbee Smart Rotary Dimmer Switch Button
Device ID: 0xa4c13804c3a07129
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_abrsvsou
Current Version: 1

@yitie any feedback please :pray: can I help in any way to get this working?

I want tak buy 5 of supported blinds controllers, if not this one pls recommend any other that I can get

If you read the above instructions carefully, you will see that ihost does NOT support products like Roller Blinds/Shades Drive Motor - we are only dealing with compatibility issues with switches, lighting products and some sensors…

Currently iHost does not have the corresponding device type UI to display “Roller Blinds/Shades Drive Motor”, so they cannot be used at present

Thank you for the verification, quick checked the three of them except the last one

is on the [theoretically supported device list,], let me check this case with the dev-team.(Zigbee2CUBE suppomrted devices list-Theoretically - Google Sheets)

Glad to see that the first one and the second is works even they are not on the list.

Edit,
Would you please place a screenshot that how it’s ( Tuya Zigbee Smart Rotary Dimmer Switch Button)shown after paired? thanks in advance.

My mistake, this device is not on the supported list also, we noted it down.
It seems that TUYA have customized the protocol that lots of its devices reported can not works as expected.

Hi @Alexie very misleading,

If you look at what you claim to support here via Zigbee2CUBE

It contradicts what you say. Please clarify secondly if you read what @yitie said in this very forum thread

Blockquote For now, the motor on/off and range adjustment are supported, while the speed/rate adjustment (up and down adjustable roller)and motor reversal are not, and the type supported is curtains ( left and right opening and closing ) not blinds.

So please let me know many thanks
Eryk

Let me clarify, what Alexie said is that we are focused on the devices types of switches, lights, and some sensors.

What i was posted earlier is the capabilities should be available theoretically, but can not guarantee that the device added have the ‘right’ UI or functionalities.

Specifically, for this device Moes Motorized Roller Blinds/Shades Drive Motor AM43-0.45/40-ES-EB , it’s not on the supported list, but compared to the capabilities the iHost supports, motor on/off and range adjustment should be supported while others are not, so please free to let me know what exactly did you mean as i asked earlier, a screenshot would be helpful.

Hi @yitie, Sorry if you missed this I posted a screenshot on 29 July,

Please see it attached again as of iHost 1.7.0 taken today.

Id the UI doesn’t work is there way I can call functions for this from Homebridge, bypassing UI?

Get it, as showed the device reported itself as type ‘outlets’, so there is only ON/OFF :joy:

And the ON/OFF doesn’t work, when you press on it a small error message ‘Failed to control’ appears .

What can be done to rectify this? Is there a way to force device type?

Hi yitie !

The device screenshots is below. I renamed it to RotarySwitch

image.png

It’s wired that the ON/OFF isn’t function even the devices type is wrong.

Please send the debug logs attached via the feedback portal of the iHost, will forward to the dev-team to check separately, and please let me know you sent it, thanks.

Get it, can’t guarantee that the device can work as expected since it’s not on the supported device list, but will let the team check it and let you know if i have some news.

I have enabled debug logging for this device, tried to actuate it couple of times.

And then tried to send the logs but it seem they are empty? Am I missing something?

Both debug and operational logs have no data ??

It will record the specific device’s debug logs after toggle it on,
Please download the system log from the setting page and sent it to me, will check this part with the team first.

Indeed, the device is not included in the list, just like many others mentioned in this discussion. It’s important to note that the said list hasn’t been updated for quite some time.

Most of my devices are from Sonoff, but recently I decided to try a motion sensor from another manufacturer. This device addresses a technological limitation of Sonoff, as it can even detect a person’s breathing. I was hopeful that ZigBee2CUBE would solve the problem, but I was disappointed to see the “Failed to control” message.

Your initiative is brilliant, but it requires a significant commitment and effort from the development team. I wonder if there’s an alternative to make this process plug-and-play or if it will never be possible.